my monitor flickers!!plz hlp urgnt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaditya

Journeyman
hi

i have a ge force fx 5700 le,the problem is' my monitor flickers and makes a whistling sound when i use it to play some games or when the system is switched on,initially i ignored this ...............and i lost one monitor to this problem,suddenly one day the flicker got so high i barely cud look at it...........i got a new LG flatron 4 days back...........initially it also made the whistling sound and flickering but when i set the resolution to 1024 it was workin fine.

but today when i switched on i can see the my monitor flickin in 1024 also......is it a problem with my graphic card or the power fluctuation???

i am really worried about this ...............................plz help

is there anyway i can test my graphic card for this problem???????????

daj123

Journeyman
I think your refresh rate is set wrongly. Checkout the max. refresh frequency in the monitor's manual. It's different for different monitors. General 56 - 60Hz is a safe frequency. Check out what frequency is your display adapter configured for. Go to Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Adapter. If the frequency is set above the max. refresh rate of your monitor then change it appropriately. If it doesnt show any frequency but just says "optimal" then manually select the right frequency for your monitor. If that solves the problem then it was just bad configuration. If it doesnt then here is another solution. If you have onboard gfx then remove your AGP card and use the onboard one and see what happens. If the same problem occurs then check out the refresh rate(procedure is same as above). If your problem is solved then your gfx card is at fault. Get it checked from your vendor.

OP
B

beaditya

Journeyman
i have tried changing the display refresh rate ..............i'v set it to 60 ,70 ,75 but it dosent work .

i have no onboard graphics,so i cant try out the other option too??

is there any software to check the grphc card................or is it a must i shud go to a software vendor??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom