My Mom wants to learn basics of computer...How do i start teaching her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim

Married!
^Neville bro what makes you think the OP uses Linux?

If not ,then he and his mom will both be on the same boat!!

Last edited:

Adam_waugh

Right off the assembly line
1. Explain how to properly turn on and turn off the comp. Newbies usually hit the power button when something goes wrong. A few times like that and you are looking at a new HDD.

2. Explain the concept of left click and right click.

3. To allow them to get a feel of the mouse, show them how/where to access paint. In paint explain the various tools, how to access the tools with the left click and the functions of cut, copy and paste with the right click menu. Then let them make their own designs or whatever they feel like.

4. Explain the concept of minimize, restore and maximize.

5. Explain how to close paint and how to save the image they created with a filename of their choice. Save the image into the My Documents folder for easy access.

6. Explain how to navigate to the My Documents folder and access/view the file they just saved with the...double click!!

7. Explain how to open their created file from the File menu inside paint

8. Explain how to create a New Folder in My Documents and how to rename the folder using the right click context menu.

9. Explain how to Browse into the New Folder and back out of it.

10. Explain dragging with the mouse and selecting multiple files

11. Explain drag and drop of a file/s into a folder.

12. Explain how to create a shortcut to the desktop to their created file

13. Explain how to delete a file and recover it from the recycle bin

By now they would be somewhat familiar with using the mouse and its basic functions. So you can proceed to any other software and explain the scroll button on the mouse. And also introduce them to the wondrous world of solitaire! :D

Yes i would like to appreciate your views here and thanks to giving informative tips regarding to basic of computer concepts.Hope it will be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom