My modem doesn't work in Winxp,but works in Win98.Help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.R.L.Narasimha

Right off the assembly line
:( I have D-Link(DFM560es)modem.I installed it when I am using win98.
Now I upgraded it to winxp but unable to use my modem since it is not working.I tried using latest drivers available on internet but of no use.
When I am in win98 in the following program path...
"Dialup networking-->general-->configure-->connection -->
advanced-->extra settings" following command "atx1" (sans quotes)was used.Now to use the same command in winxp I could not find such a path.So please help me in making my modem work in winxp. :) [/b]

ankit_511

Right off the assembly line
If it is an external modem try this:

1)Go to Control Panel
2)Click phone and modem options
3)Then click on modem tab
4)Select add a modem
5)Then the modem shud initialise

Or else just switch on the modem bfore u boot windows xp

A

anurag_online

Dude According to me it won't work in XP... As the XP driver was not lauched as much I know.. SO i would prefer to go for either the new one or try to install Windows2000 driver of your modem...

P.S. installing windows 2000 driver may harm PC.

godsownman

Padawan
I dont think you should go in for a new modem as Anurag says .Try the sites that have been provided by "ferrarif50" and then see otherwise do what you feel best .

Why i tell you not to go for a new one is bcoz the new drivers for winxp must be somewhere u just have to find them

I faced a similar problem with my external rockwell modem but i fortunately found a driver on driverguide.com.

Regards

A

anurag_online

godsownman said:
I dont think you should go in for a new modem as Anurag says .Try the sites that have been provided by "ferrarif50" and then see otherwise do what you feel best .

Why i tell you not to go for a new one is bcoz the new drivers for winxp must be somewhere u just have to find them

I faced a similar problem with my external rockwell modem but i fortunately found a driver on driverguide.com.

Regards

Well brother if he finds the driver its good for him but I faced same problem with same modem and i had to go for new one :cry:

vysakh

Padawan
query the modem. to do this go to control panel-->phone and modem options--->modems-->properties--->diagnostics--->query modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom