Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hi friends,
Well here's the letter to DELL customer care i sent today.:-x
It is selfexplanatory.
I need your sympathy!:sad:
Dear sir/M'am

It had heard very well of the customer care experience of your world class firm.I hoped even though Dell has no franchise,i may not be facing any difficulties.
But i am sorry to inform you that i will rate it down to bottom on any scale of quality,if i am asked.

I had a chat with your internal sales manager named Md. Ameer in banglore office. On 17th of january, i finalised my plan and booked the notebook as the quotation attached explains. But the after that i feel like i am loosing the money.
I would like you to note the following problem i faced:

1)I was not informed that the draft was to be sent and adressed to banglore. neither does the quotation nor the declaration letter sent to me said so.

2) I faxed the draft and declaration letter on 17th to your banglore office, Md. Ameer received it but he wasn't careful enough to note the mistake, if he had even seen it.

3) I sent the draft to the kanchepuram address on 17th ,after a few days,I was informed about the mistake and i had to run numerous time all the way to 50 km to meet the manager of first-flight couriers Ltd in ranchi. I must say, the tiny courier company was much more supportive than multinational Giant Dell.

4) I was even suggested to cancel the draft, which is not possible unless you have the draft, which was in transit.

5) After a few days when the draft was received in Kanchepuram, about which i was wrongly informed by Ameer that they won't be receiving it.
As the draft was made for SBI, kanchepuram, hence it was expected to be encashed in that city only, but the draft was sent to banglore.

6)After it was received in banglore, the draft was again sent to Kanchepuram.And current status is that Ameer doesn't know even if the draft has been cleared or not.I have made numerous calls to Ameer, but like every time, he was never ready with the answer.

7) Also to note, the delievery time was around 28th january, which i dont see happening any time sooner than another fortnight.

Dear sir, why should i be paying for the mistakes on Dell's part.
With so many false promises,I have lost all faith i had. I doubt even if i will be getting back the system.
And trust me, i will be much more relaxed if i get the money back, rather than the system.
And let me tell you sir, The problem may not just end with me, as i will always advise my friends strongly to not to go for Dell.

Sir, i request you to please look into the matter and The least you can do is, please return the money.
I hope The Multinational Giant DELL may be having some answer.

Thanking you

yours truly
Animesh sharma
Customer code number:270930
Quotation number:IRS01153033

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Yea same issue faced while ordering Dell Laptop a month back. I mean the guy didn't even seem interested, he knew nothing.. I ordered Dell 1520 in August 07 and it was quickk,, the response was damn quick.. Everything went smooth but this time sucked.. Canceled the order. :mad:

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hell i am not alone.
well.. can anyone provide me the email address of any competent authority of dell?
May be the CEO:mad:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I'd pay online if i were to buy from DELL rather than by Draft

Seriously , i Have no faith in the Postal System or anything related to posting Checks/Drafts/Money-Order , etc although VPP is safe but everything else is unreliable .

nix

yeah buying it off the shelf is always a safe practise. i would do that if i were you. but ive had no problems with dell thought. they replaced a burnt mobo in my lappy with a brand new one without charging a penny...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
yeah buying it off the shelf is always a safe practise. i would do that if i were you. but ive had no problems with dell thought. they replaced a burnt mobo in my lappy with a brand new one without charging a penny...
I don't think Dell's products are available at any stores .

We have to order them online or by phone .

superczar

-n00b-
why not pay by card?
even then they don't have payment gateway, if you ask for the cc payment option, they will mail across a card authorization form..

fill-print-sign-scan and mail across...end of story...

Their post sales service is the best of the lot anyway...
I'd never do a postal based financial transaction ever unless absolutely imperative

faraaz

Evil Genius
I just bought mine online with a credit card...of course, this was in 2004 December and in Australia...but its pretty standardized world over...

No issues with delivery whatsoever. If you had a bad experience, tough luck...but if this was the case with everyone, they'd have closed shop by now, instead of being the most successful just-in-time manufacturer of computers and laptops in the world, no? ;-)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
No wonder Micheal Dell's company is struggling! Acer is best.

Are you kidding ? Dell's Market Share can no way be compared to that of Acer's.Even I have ordered a Dell 24" E248WFP over phone and I would say for now that customer service was good. You have to atleast appreciate that Dell does not want to have middle men between them and the end customer.
Sometimes the words of one man can spoil the entire image of a company they say.I think this has what has happened with INS-ANI.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
@nix-How long did they take?? Did they take away the laptop?? Coz I need to replace my lcd screen coz some dumb guy made my laptop fell and now I got some white spots on right side...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
See, this is the reason I never buy things online. In any case I never buy from Dell, they come loaded with too much crap.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the worst part of dell that works against it (except the machine offcourse) u are speaking to a telephone operator :)

faraaz

Evil Genius
@kumarmohit: Are we still talking about Dell here?? I've had occasion to purchase 2 laptops and 1 desktop from them and they both came completely free of crapware...in fact, my current ASUS laptop came with quite a lot of crap installed, as did my cousin's Acer.

@iMav: Yeah, in the traditional Indian computer hardware's retail environment, lack of face to face contact hurts Dell....but I dunno. They are still able to compete with all the other companies who go through traditional distribution channels.

The main reason for me switching to another machine from Dell is their service agreements. Basically, my old laptop's hard drive and battery were spoiled and since it was out of warranty, Dell refused to give me spare parts, even though I was ready to pay for them out of warranty. I was finally forced to find spare parts from other retailers and install them myself. The warranty renewal process would have actually cost me more than the parts I needed for my laptop! So I would say this is the only bad thing about them. For my Asus laptop, I can go to any shop on SP road and they will have parts available. Or I can go to my retailer and he will provide full service for me, even if it is out of warranty 2 years from now at a subsidised price.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
well, finally the matter seem to be resolving.
They have now cleared the DD for My 1420, and as a good will gesture(to keep my mouth shut), they have offered me free upgrade to ultrasharp screen, and a bluetooth headset.:cool:
Instead of the headset, i have asked for RAM upgrade to 2GB!:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom