My Last mistake:DELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
@faraaz

my idea of crap is Windows Vista (I use XP), Adobe Reader, (Foxit Reader) and lot of Dell'sown softwares for which Windows has inbuilt functionality.

I do not want to pay for Vista as I do not want to use it.

As for Dell making extras to keep cover on their fault, a neighbor of mine got the same upgrades when her laptop was delayed 48 hours.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^ I am talking about a laptop I assemble my own desktop. If you know some one who assembles a laptop, be so good of your to direct me to to the person !

The point is that why does Dell not allow us in India to choose the OS as it does in US or EU.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Which address did you send the letter to?

Addressed to whom?
I hope the q was fr me8)
The letter was addressed to their Kaanchepuram address, which turned out to be their factory.
I was provided the very same address in quotation as well as the authorization letter sent to me by the salesperson.

The only glitch is that i have to get it delivered to my relatives in Navimum, not here at my flat in pune, as the octroi in PCMC has risen to 7%.......

The point is that why does Dell not allow us in India to choose the OS as it does in US or EU.

Even i faced the same problem, cldn't find a suitable product w/o OS, coz there are very few, and if you are ignorant, the sales person will behave as if the vostro n series dont even exist..... but after customisation it turns out to be costly than inspiron with almost same configuration.
Acer has good product range, but quality not as good as DELL.I assumed this after research on this as well other forums.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
^^ I am talking about a laptop I assemble my own desktop. If you know some one who assembles a laptop, be so good of your to direct me to to the person !

Go to SP road, Bangalore...you get some dealers who assemble laptops, but of course...the warranty is...kinda the same as on assembled comps. You want peopl to sell you only the assembled hardware? No mainstream manufacturer will give you that. They get way too much revenue from placed software to ignore it.

For this much atleast, I respect Dell that you don't get all the ****, but instead actually useful programs.

Btw, on the 3 Dells I've bought, I didn't have any "crapware" so dunno what your issues are...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The issue is that our definition on crap ware can not be the same as in the case of malware. Anyway I am in Delhi so Bangalore is a bit far and warranty is something that creates issues:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom