My i7 and AMD Athlon II

S_V

In the zone
Guys,,

A small experience in order to show my Little or youngest cousin wants to know why I bought i7 for such amount and also what is this PhysX Symbol on my Video card sticker..... He asked me, is it really worth to spend that much.. (He doesn't really not in that knowledge of hardware... so i showed him this small example)

After long time, he came this republic day to my room in order to play games and watch movies with us.. And also wanted to Buy NEW RIG for himself.....

I know i shouldn't compare these two at any rate.. But I wanted to show him how much difference will be there between Budget and High-End system.

System Setup:

i7 Rig [see my Sig]

AMD Athlon X4 635
Sata HDD Raid 0( 160x2)
Gigabyte 740G Chipset
Geforce 8800GTS 640 MB (5 Years,still running ROCK SOLID)
Corsair Dominator 4GB 1333
Antec 450 Watts (6 Years,still running ROCK SOLID)
Windows 7 64Bit
(Internet Downloading Purpose i use this system and sometimes file extractions)....

First:
Winrar Extraction of BluRay Rip of 720pMovie which is 4.3GB. Each individual file is 1GB....

Let Video do the talking...... Let side rar Window is i7 and right side is AMD . No Overclocking for now, i wanted him to show raw power only...
[Reduce your system Volume, Rock music is goin play when i7 does the extraction :p]

[YOUTUBE]hWU35zvpRy0[/YOUTUBE]

Second:
Mafia II

Small clip and observe the car explosions and particles response.. It's all PhysX.... Don't mind the video jerk ,it's my software fault...... Game runs butter smooth.. I didn't have any time to do it properly becoz when i showed that Game...He's really not giving system back to me and playing since morning....My Holiday wasted :x

[YOUTUBE]cFcMRsf-Hdw&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: My i7 and AMD Athlon

of course. you can't compare a high end product with low end produce (not just in processor, in any area).

and thanks for those videos.

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

Thanks mate.... It's just I wanted to share this small videos... Actually my AMD is very good one for its price and it's quite competitive with i5 650 cousin system...

I want other i7 owners here to compare their rar extraction times with mine....

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Combination of 4.37 GB and 3.32 GB files (Windows 7 x64). NO OC.

[YOUTUBE]DEcjqV0x03g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

sorry, video i can't see clearly.. Is it you are extracting or Archiving ? How much total size. is it Video file like mine or various Files....

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Just two rar files in combine, total size is (4.37+3.32) GB and of course extracting. The video is just 320*240 resolution but not that unclear. :)

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

thanks for clarification.... so what's the score you get from winrar Bench?

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

yeah,,, but what to do... sometimes my cousin's(very little ones) will come to play games even when i am not at room... so i am worried to give Main system.... This way no problem at all ;)

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

@GauravTensor
Thanks for posting... your score is 552 then....

Here is mine....

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/Winrar4111-1.png

Last edited:
OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone

yeah,it's good score for low-end... Will add u mate.....

Top Bottom