My i7 and AMD Athlon II

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
Re: My i7 and AMD Athlon

nice mate.... still using Windows XP? can i know the reason?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Re: My i7 and AMD Athlon

No no, that's just for time being, I am mainly using Win 7 x64, just keeping the XP as an option.

PS- Did the benchmark in Windows 7 x64, but the result came out 2980? Any idea why?

Last edited:
OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
did u re-run the test again.. Sometimes other process would take CPU cycles bacjground ,so it happens like that...

check it & confirm once....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep checked again, in fact I restarted the PC and ran the test to make sure nothing running in background, and it's same 2980!

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
So the score is
435 for my old P4

3055 my current system at stock..i.e 2.8Ghz and RAM 1333
3510 at 3.2Ghz...1600Mhz RAM

Still haven't checked at 3.8 Ghz but I think it will be close to 4000...hehe...

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
Yep checked again, in fact I restarted the PC and ran the test to make sure nothing running in background, and it's same 2980!

That's very strange.. Is it OC or normal.. Infact without OC also you should get around 3700 but not at all under 3000...

Which version winrar you are using?

So the score is
435 for my old P4

3055 my current system at stock..i.e 2.8Ghz and RAM 1333
3510 at 3.2Ghz...1600Mhz RAM

Still haven't checked at 3.8 Ghz but I think it will be close to 4000...hehe...

3510 at 3.2 Ghz ? That to i5 760... That's really super great...

can u plz post screenshot..? It's just i find little hard to believe(no offence) it reached 3510 for i5 760... along with winrar version..

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Not at all mate!!
the first one is at 3.3 GHz

The second at 4 GHz

Edit: It's 4030

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Winrar 3.9

Last edited:
OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
That's excellent.. I was told i5 760 is one hell of a chip but never saw it was this good...

Thanks for posting...

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
I say some drivers or OS issues. Becoz your hardware is good when we consider your XP score.. It's really hard to tell without looking into your system.

Just check, disable your AV or see any drivers to be updated in Windows 7.. Is your OS genuine if not try to USE another version.. First try to update winrar with New beta version..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Tried with the beta 4 version, still same result! So frustrating..it's almost impossible for me to format and re-install another Win 7...

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
how is overall performance in win 7 compared to windows XP.. Run some benchmarks like PC mark Vantage or 3dmark vantage.. Check your CPU preformance in that scores between XP and 7... Try with 7zip benchmark tool also..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I can't say about the Overall performance in Windows 7 x64 as I am using it recently and have no idea how the the performance should be.
Anyway, I did the 7zip benchmark test both for 90 secs and Dictionary Size at 24MB, (32MB wasn't running in XP) in Win Xp and 7 and the 3dMark Vantage in 'High' preset only in Win 7 x64 as it's not supported in Xp. I skipped the GPU test, only did the CPU tests.
Please have a look, if they are okay it's good, if they are not then I am ready to re-install Windows 7 x64 again. :(

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
Something is not right with your system.. you decide now... Both these benchmarks i ran with 6GB only... so you can compare with me.. Both Tests ran with no OC as well..

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/7zip.jpg

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/sunil_9/3d.jpg

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I am totally confused now! Is it happening for 4GB RAM? Someone here said I needed a Triple Channel RAM, maybe he was right!
Creating a separate thread for this.
Thanks.

OP
S_V

S_V

In the zone
for CPU score.. its not the RAM you need to get it another 15000 points like mine.. But still open a new thread, we'll see the other guys comments...

Top Bottom