My HP DV5Z display problem - Need help

praveen_digit

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I have a HP laptop - HP DV5Z-1000 bought in late 2009 - almost 3.5 years ago. I'm facing a display problem and the same problem occured twice already.

When i switch it on, all the lights come up, I hear the fan turning on (just for a few seconds) and then the fan sound disappears almost completely. I don't hear the fan sound after that and the LED lights on the CAPS LOCK & NUM LOCK keys blink twice togeather and then there is a gap of 3-4 seconds and they blink twice again. This sequence repeats.

As per HP troubleshooting webpage, this problem is due to 'BIOS Corruption Failure'.But I've flashed the BIOS twice already when it was working fine.(There is no new update after 2009).

The first time this happened, the service center replaced the motherboard and the second time, they replaced some components.I've already spent around 14k on these 2 occasions.

I seriously need great help here from you all.Have any of you faced the same problem as mine? Please help me with your thoughts.

Thanks,
Praveen.

Top Bottom