My google nexus s review

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
Batery life is gud u can say... for a nrml user the battery vl long atleast upto 30hrs..with jst textng and calls and a bit of browsing

^same here.. :)

Hey tousif, which keyboard do you use ?
I just replaced mine to Smart Keyboard. It is a nice keyboard. You should try it out

Also did you try any HD videos ?
Which player you use ?
I tried some player and most of them had problems with mkv file. The only one stood out was MX video Player in s/w decoding(fast mode).
can u suggest any better one ?

Test file info:
*** VIDEO INFO ***
Input Type : AVC1(GVC)
Input Size : 1280 x 544
Output Type : YUY2
Output Size : 1280 x 544
FrameRate(Frame/sec) : 0.00 (24.00)

*** AUDIO INFO ***
SampleRate(Sample/sec) : 48000
BitRate(Bit/sample) : 16
Channels : 6
KBitRate(KBit/sec) : 0

It was a 720p bluray rip file.

Last edited:

reddead

LoSt!
hey where can i get a nexus in 20k???
needed one for diwali but it is out of stock everywhere!
local vendors selling it for a 20k ++ price

@red dragon:
Yeah.. I did...
but as i said the only player that managed to play that file without much lag was MX player.

@reddead:
Me and tousif bought it from here...

BRAND NEW SAMSUNG NEXUS S WITH VAT PAID BILL + WARRANTY | eBay

You may consider this one.
Place the order soon. This guy sold 10 phones within a day @Rs.19450 :-O.

Did u try this ?

New Nexus S 2.3.6 OTA Update Rolling Out (GRK39F), Reportedly Fixes Tethering - Here Is How To Install It Manually

2.3.6 manual update...

OP
tousif

tousif

Journeyman
Sorry guys I was out of town frm many days so cudnt catch up wid u
Btw I got 2.3.6 OTA update....
Dont knw exactly wat has changed in my phone bt for sure I can say it has improved my wifi connection.

M using swpke keyboard ryt nw. And m hpy to upgrade it over the given keyboard. Letters are big nw and I do less typing mistakes coz of it

Is thre any way tht i cud download apps from android market in my pc and then later transfer it to my phone.

I read somewhere the best method thats available now is

go to 4 shared.com,
search with " app_name + apk " Eg. "Smart Keyboard apk"
download and transfer .. :)

dharmil007

Journeyman
Sorry guys I was out of town frm many days so cudnt catch up wid u
Btw I got 2.3.6 OTA update....
Dont knw exactly wat has changed in my phone bt for sure I can say it has improved my wifi connection.

M using swpke keyboard ryt nw. And m hpy to upgrade it over the given keyboard. Letters are big nw and I do less typing mistakes coz of it

Is thre any way tht i cud download apps from android market in my pc and then later transfer it to my phone.

u Can check out Android OS Zone

& hey has anyOne here tried installing Custom Mod on their Nexus S ???

mandar5

Youngling
hey guys can u suggest good app for music player..i need with equaliser..n can v share n receive apps n games by bluetooth?good contacts manager is welcomed too...Thanks...

@mandar5:

Music Players
PowerAmp N MixZing : Music Player if u need filter specific Folders
Winamp : For Syncing Playlists

Contact Manager :
Go Contacts

Nd u can share apps using Bluetooth. Use some fiile explorer app and send app apk through the Share Option. I personally use ES File expolrer and ASTRO file manager.

Hey guys, rooted my phone and installed CM7. :cool::cool:
Got some problems with the ROM, so might shift to something else...

vulpine

Broken In
@Nexus S users

Please advise me....
I am so confused to choose between Nexus S and Desire S. I luv Nexus S for its timely updates and ICS:hyper:
Where as Sense UI on Desire S is so beautiful. And now Sense 3.0 update has taken it to entirely another level.

I am so much confused :pullhair: to choose between the two. Help me guys......

dharmil007

Journeyman
@Nexus S users

Please advise me....
I am so confused to choose between Nexus S and Desire S. I luv Nexus S for its timely updates and ICS:hyper:
Where as Sense UI on Desire S is so beautiful. And now Sense 3.0 update has taken it to entirely another level.

I am so much confused :pullhair: to choose between the two. Help me guys......

Dont just look for Sense UI, its a launcher & there are different types of launcher available in the market.

D:S has bad battery life compared to N:S {N:S battery is much much better then D:S}
N:S will get get faster updates then N:S
& D:S is costly

Top Bottom