My Computer stops responding when DVD - RW is inserted?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi, guys a few months back I created a thread regarding my DVD - RW and CD - RW situation, wherein I was not able to write any of my Discs but now that I have bought a new laptop which has an amazing optical drive, I was able to read and format all my CD - RW but still 2 of my DVD - RW are not working.

When I insert them in my optical drive and wait for the computer to read them, the Disc drive keeps loading and my system is not able to read them. Is there any solution for this problem? What should I do?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi, guys a few months back I created a thread regarding my DVD - RW and CD - RW situation, wherein I was not able to write any of my Discs but now that I have bought a new laptop which has an amazing optical drive, I was able to read and format all my CD - RW but still 2 of my DVD - RW are not working.

When I insert them in my optical drive and wait for the computer to read them, the Disc drive keeps loading and my system is not able to read them. Is there any solution for this problem? What should I do?
Test the disk in another pc, try a cyber cafe perhaps, see if its reading there. If not the disk is the problem, sometimes even new drives have problem reading old disk that older drives could read.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Either those two disks have gone bad or the new DVD drive isn't being able to read those 2 disks for the reason stated in the above post.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, nothing else can be done about this ( though Op clean the discs if they are dirty ) - just use another DVD drive and if there's important data copy those into a pen drive.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
I have a PC as well and those disks don't work on that PC as well. Is there any software or anything which helps in repairing such disks or should I just throw them away?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have a PC as well and those disks don't work on that PC as well. Is there any software or anything which helps in repairing such disks or should I just throw them away?

u have a brand new laptop & all discs are working fine on it except those 2 DVDs...is there any heavy scratch on them?

the first sector of those DVDs are corrupted (from where the DVD lens starts reading...)
it happens due to aging or damaged surfaces...
instead of throwing them use them in decoration

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
u have a brand new laptop & all discs are working fine on it except those 2 DVDs...is there any heavy scratch on them?

the first sector of those DVDs are corrupted (from where the DVD lens starts reading...)
it happens due to aging or damaged surfaces...
instead of throwing them use them in decoration

haha, CD's for decoration, heard it for the first time. Anyway. thanks for the advice.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
haha, CD's for decoration, heard it for the first time. Anyway. thanks for the advice.

Sure..they are most commonly used for Decoration...just google for images u will get many..

u can also use sparkle gel on them to decorate....I saw local boys hanging CD/DVD on cycle/autorickshaws

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Sure..they are most commonly used for Decoration...just google for images u will get many..

u can also use sparkle gel on them to decorate....I saw local boys hanging CD/DVD on cycle/autorickshaws

Thanks for the suggestion but I rather give it to someone.

tkin

Back to school!!
Try Nero Rescue disc, but doubt it will work that good.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Okay so if anybody thinks he can make some thing out of these two cds then please tell me I will send him.

Top Bottom