My Broadband Speed - Someone have a suggestion ?

I have moved to panvel (mumbai) and i am using a local ISP . I am using 512Kbps plan.

My problem is that ... when i browsing, watching videos on youtube and downloading stuff throught internet browser , i get almost 500-800Kbps during day time( 7am -12pm) and night time.

but i dont get this speed while downloading torrents (d/l speed upto 70Kbps) ...or while browsing through dailymotion .

Can someone tell me why dont i get good dowloading speed in torrents

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
For private torrent Disable DHT, You should Get maximum Speeds on Torrents.. While Downloading just follow the Basic Proc For downloading Torrents(checking Seeds Etc).
Many ISP's peer with Google/ Cache youtube videos so you wouldn't Experience Buffering/slow issue, Even i face slow buffering issue with DM on 1mbps connection :(.

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
i tried disabling DTH in bittorrent ...but its not working.... the speed shot up a bit ...and after that it became normal 55Kbps.
yes i am downloading with good seeds with less peers...but its still the same

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
512kbps=(512/8)=64KBps & you should get ~60KBps in torrent.if you are getting higher speeds in browser downloads & youtube then it is due to some policy/setting(like cache etc) of your ISP at their end.

OP
S

Sreekumar14378

Broken In
hmmm yeah i know about the conversion ....but wanted to know how can i increase my speed in torrent like my browser dwonloads...? i mean how its happening ..

Top Bottom