My 2 Day Old Laptop everything messed up Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesh1683

In the zone
I got an laptop from my college, Lenovo e43, it came with 250 GB HDD, 3 GB Ram, and windows 7 profestional preinstalled.
It has one key Rescue system button, it restores system to factory default.

Everything was fine,
The system came with 2 partitions one C: which had 187 G, in which windows 7 was installed. other D: which had 40gb it was

empty had 600mbs of drivers folder.
the system had 2 more partions which are hidden, for Os recovery purpose.

I thaught of making 2 more partions by removing free space from C drive. I shrinked 100 GB using built in diskmanagement

tool of windows 7. it shrunk and created 100 GB of unallocated space, while creating new simple partion it was giving an

error message as "cannot create, maximum partitions are already created"..

So i googled a lot and found the solution. i downloaded paragon partition magic and installed it, it did my job easily.

without any problem i created 2 new partions of 50 GB each, drive E: and F:, it created successfully and now i could see 4

partions in my computer, C, D, E and F.. and copyed many music files and movies to that drives, i worked few hours and i

shut down my lap and wen to bed,

when i got up in the morning and i switched it on, its not booting, it shows full blank screen which shows only "_" mark in

the top left corner of the screen. when i switch on it shows lenovo logo and and to enter bios f2 and to select boot menu

f12 screen thats it and then it completes goes black not booting.. i tryed many times but no success.

I can go to bios, i went there loaded default values then also no where it booted.

Then i thaught of one key Rescue system button, and pressed it it started but it did not launch the Rescue system software

instead it launched CMD window

with an line
x:/windows/system32/

and thats it if i close that window it exits and restarts and again old story of black screen.

I really fed off i need to take my laptop to college tommorow,
So please guys anyone provide an solution to recover my OS to factory default, i dont mind for files dleted.
Just show me the way to restore my sytem to factory defaults using one key Rescue system button.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The one touch recovery works from ur HDD, i.e. it loads OS etc from the HDD itself.
But I guess u've messed up with file structure and somehow its not able to reach the source.

AFAIK, all laptops come with a recovery disk (CD/DVD) u can try restoring from it...

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
The one touch recovery works from ur HDD, i.e. it loads OS etc from the HDD itself.
But I guess u've messed up with file structure and somehow its not able to reach the source.

AFAIK, all laptops come with a recovery disk (CD/DVD) u can try restoring from it...

But my laptop didnt came with CD/DVD thats the problem, if i had Disk then it would have been easy for recovery..
I m installing windows 7 on another partition,
let me see if i can revert to C drive OS using Easy BCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom