MX 518 sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
i have the Logitech Mx 518 mouse

i still havent understood the whole DPI concept ..

is it of any use to me as i play on sensitivity 1 - 2 .. ??

how can i make sure i dont have to change my sensitivity .. at home i play at 1.4 but in cafes i have to change it to 1 - 2 - 3 depending on the cafe .. (the mode on the mouse is the same - the least)

anyone with any experience ??

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well.. .. yeah .. mouse sensitivity is a real problem with diff. pc ... i guess u'll have to live with it .. lol .. i've loads of trouble at the place i play UT ... i've to configure the controls , specifically mouse sensitivity every time i log on ... a bit frustrating ...

HellGuardian

Broken In
dpi = dots per inch, basically higher dpi = faster movement at same sensitivity, matlab sensitivity automatically increases...

if u play cs, then here's wat to do, just chk out ur windows sensitivity, how many notches is it?? and if enhance pointer precision is on...i wouldnt recommend using the logitech setpoint software, if ur into serious gamin, coz its just not possible to install the software wherever u go...

without installing the software, there r 3 DPIs available, 400, 800, 1600, so all u have to do is note the windows mouse settings (in control panel -> mouse -> pointer options) and the cs sensitivity, and also keep mouse filter off...

so when u goto a cafe, just change the windows sensitivity to wat u use, and the ingame sensitivity to wat u use, like 1.4...

for exaample, i use mx518, without the software, at 1600 dpi, windows sensi 4 notches, enhance precision off, ingame 1.8, mouse filter off...so u have to keep these settings in all the PCs that u use, windows sensitivity is a must...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom