[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

Renny

Padawan
^Damn! My bal is -2k something in Axis for not maintaining AQB. Can this penalty be waived off if I spoke to the manager or something?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try now.

It won't work with Google Play and may be iTunes Store.

Oh dear. I think it was a couple of weeks back I bought the Humble Mojam 2 bundle, with checkout via Google Wallet. Will try and make a purchase again soon and report back here.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
So I just bought another item via the Google Checkout. The Axis Bank VISA card is apparently working fine :confused:
See this -

*dl.dropbox.com/u/30319048/23.JPG

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I just bought another item via the Google Checkout. The Axis Bank VISA card is apparently working fine :confused:
See this -

*dl.dropbox.com/u/30319048/23.JPG
It will work on Google Checkout since the transaction was in USD.

I asked you to try in Google Play which now has INR transactions. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@ico OK. I thought both use same billing system. Can't spend more money online. At least for a few weeks.

If it ain't working for you it will not work for me too. It's the same bank and card.

debarshi

Otaku
If you wanna buy on google Play, use either ICICI debit card, or any credit card, or Entropay

Entropay has extra charges for using. SBI VISA debit card should work on Entropay

Heres a link Get Entropay Virtual Credit Card using SBI Maestro Debit Card - Finally Possible | I Just Utter if you want to read up on how to SBI Maestro cards for Entropay

What debit card of SBI do you have? Maestro or Visa?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^from that same site:
UPDATE: 02-DEC-2011:
This method is now hardly working. It works for some and never for others. Please don’t ask Why it is not working. If you did everything (even troubleshooter) and not getting results; then it will never work for you

debarshi

Otaku
I tried once and it worked, till the card verification procedure. (Dated Nov 2011) Though, the extra charges and the 10$ minimum balance drove me off.

But I think the SBI Silver Visa or Mastercard(the international one) should be working.

hellscream666

Broken In
The debit cards working with iTunes was a glitch according to iTune support. Apparently they are trying to slowly removed all the debit cards that have accidently been added on to the accounts.

On talking with ICICI bank customer care, one conclusion I can draw is that if the card requires 3D secure authorisation, it mostly wont work with iTunes

debarshi

Otaku
Kinda off-topic, but operator billing service is coming to Google Play in India, in postpaid connections probably. :clap2::hyper:

As most of us have troubles buying apps from Google Play due to this debit card problem, this is a welcome move, we'll have to wait and see what happens

The operator billing service is from 4.0.25 version of Google Play, so till its updated here, nothing is sure

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Axis bank VISA cards still work perfect on Steam.
I can't even add my axis bank visa debit card to google wallet.

Good thread BTW.

I added them without any problem. See if you can add them through wallet.google.com rather than while making a purchase.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
so axis bank's debit card works in steam , game4u ,origin and flipkart etc ?
Yes, It has worked(working) for me in most places. I have the VISA debit card though. Apparently there is problem with Play Store(Rupee billing leads to failure)

Vignesh B

Youngling
so axis bank's debit card works in steam , game4u ,origin and flipkart etc ?
Yes for steam, flipkart and game4u. Doesn't work in Origin.
This am talking about the VISA card.
In fact even their bank manager was dumbfounded when he heard that how their cards work on Steam. :-D

Top Bottom