Multithreaded Download Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
On a close watch on several multithreaded (multiple parts) download accelerators, it seems that they are only splitting a file, actually no simultaneous download is taking place. Its downlading only one part at a single instance of time. Is there any other benefits for these download accelerators ?

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
u r absolutely right!!!!!!!!! but if u ask ME i will take no time in telling u that in my case the download actually accelatares by more than 200%...on a normal wingays download the max speed is 30 and blv me its not less than 50-60 with dap 7.0.0.3 premium version.....and ya resuming the broken downloads is the best feature these da's has got

[Edited Batty] Do NOT talk about warez ..

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
But for me it dont seems so. as Virus said.

@Virus: what about a comparison of download speeds the same accelerator, one by downloading the file as a single part, and another by downloading the same file in 10 split parts. I dont feel much difference.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
huh ? How do you exactly say that it is not downloading simultaniously ? Do you realise that the simultanious downloading is still capped by your inernet connection ? So if I am on a dialup if I do mutli-parts or not the max I am gonna get is 4K. So you really will not see a speed difference. However get on a T1 line and see the difference. I have! Every software out there that does muti-part downloading launches several diff connections to the server. Only in cases of the servers which does not allow resuming and multiple connections from the same IP will the multi-parts not work.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Perhaps talking abt cracks is not allowed here. better pm.

BTW if u ppl dont mind so can ne1 gimme a link 2 d/l IDM or if i can get it in digit cd/dvd

sakumar79

Technomancer
Most Download managers do simultaneous downloads (results vary depending on site and your internet connections). This is especially true for popular current software for which it can locate multiple mirror sites hosting it.

You can download Internet Download Manager here
*www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

BTW, I found the following two Download Managers free and useful...
1. Fresh download at www.freshdevices.com/ (requires free registration)
2. Star Downloader at www.stardownloader.com/

On another note, anyone try out www.onspeed.com? It is supposed to be a general browsing accelerator for Rs 175 a month. If so, comments are requested as I am planning to install it on my 128kbps Touchtel Broadband connection...

Arun

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
icecoolz has sqeezed my thoughts in corrects words
multipart download wont make a niche of difference in dial-ups. and there are many websites which dont allow multiple downloads to same ip (ex rapidshare,megaupload and most online ftps)

other than that .. ALL multipart downloads using ANY download accelerator (DAP,IDM, FlashGet, etc) is true multipart-simultaneous-download

-----
alibi

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
sakumar79 said:
anyone try out www.onspeed.com? It is supposed to be a general browsing accelerator for Rs 175 a month.

Search da forum there's a topic running on it.

BTW it accelerates only by reducing da quality of images u open. if u want most quality then no acceleration and no quality then most acceleration.

Hop u understud. Better try Reliance BroadBand Service. Its really nice.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
The Incredible said:
sakumar79 said:
anyone try out www.onspeed.com? It is supposed to be a general browsing accelerator for Rs 175 a month.

Search da forum there's a topic running on it.

BTW it accelerates only by reducing da quality of images u open. if u want most quality then no acceleration and no quality then most acceleration.

Hop u understud. Better try Reliance BroadBand Service. Its really nice.
No....... It doesn't only accelerate Web by reducing the quality of pics but also by compressing the text on the server and sending the compressed data and decompress on the computer on the fly..... This makes it very fast..................

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
icecoolz said:
huh ? How do you exactly say that it is not downloading simultaniously ? Do you realise that the simultanious downloading is still capped by your inernet connection ? So if I am on a dialup if I do mutli-parts or not the max I am gonna get is 4K. So you really will not see a speed difference. However get on a T1 line and see the difference. I have! Every software out there that does muti-part downloading launches several diff connections to the server. Only in cases of the servers which does not allow resuming and multiple connections from the same IP will the multi-parts not work.

i'm using prozilla, d4x, and wget for downloading files. I use prozilla mostly. Its a command line tool. look at the screenshot.
*img104.imageshack.us/img104/926/screenshotrootlocalhostmydownl.th.png
In the above case the file is splitted into 4 parts, and these 4 parts are downloading simultaneously, but not at the same instance of time. what i mean is that some 10 kb of part1 s downloaded, then 10kb of part2, then 10kb of part3, and so on. This is a continous process, but no two part is downloading at the same time.

And i'm using a 256 kbps broadband.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
desertwind said:
icecoolz said:

i'm using prozilla, d4x, and wget for downloading files. I use prozilla mostly. Its a command line tool. look at the screenshot.
*img104.imageshack.us/img104/926/screenshotrootlocalhostmydownl.th.png
In the above case the file is splitted into 4 parts, and these 4 parts are downloading simultaneously, but not at the same instance of time. what i mean is that some 10 kb of part1 s downloaded, then 10kb of part2, then 10kb of part3, and so on. This is a continous process, but no two part is downloading at the same time.

And i'm using a 256 kbps broadband.

How do you know that 10 Kb of one thread is downloaded then 10 K of another is started. It may be that updating on the screen is done like that............. However, if it is a pure command line program , it may be that only one instruction is sent at once and only one download is done at one time...........

But most likely, the case is that it downloads all at once but updates the screen one at once............. Hope you got me...... If I am wrong please correct me.........

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Desertwind:

That is the maximum speed you will get on a 256KBPS line. Infact from the screen shot ur getting above 45 kbps which is abt 10kbps higher than the norm so be happy. And mate. There is no way to tell from the screen shot that only one thing is getting downloaded at a time. Perhaps the tool itself updates only after a certain amnt gets downloaded. There is just no way to tell. So how can you really tell ? Try this. Download using just one thread. Next download the same file from the same location but use two parts. Your D/L time will reduce. If your logic of downloading only one thread at a time is true then I still will take as long as the earlier one. Try it and see what happens. I for one know what happens.

psicryptor

Broken In
what about Getright? I got the latest PRO version10 and i can vouch for all those dload accrs out there. With a DSL line you see the difference. Even when other apps are dloading at full throttle it'll manage to squeeze the last bit o bandwidth to get the file faster. Btw, in the case of getright you get to search alternate mirrors and then you can individually see each conn thats estbd with the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom