Multitasking Laptop under 50K

OP
B

bournejason

Broken In
One question here, is there a difference in battery life between touch screen and non touch screen laptop models with similar specs. If yes, can I extend the battery life by disabling the touch screen feature. Will this give me a battery life equivalent to a non touch laptop?

$hadow

Geek in making
Apart from the 768p resolution, does the display lack in anything else? I see most of the laptops in the price range having 1366 x 768 resolution. Even Lenovo Z50-70 and high end HP laptops (HP 15-P073TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (J6L90PA) Rs.57500 Price in India - Buy HP 15-P073TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (J6L90PA) SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.com) offer the same.

Do you have any suggestion for any other laptop that have similar specs? FYI Lenovo Z50-70 with 840M is sold out on all the online retailers. That leaves me with Dell at the moment.

Well those ain't high end laptops. High end laptops mainly come with i7 and 8Gb+ ram with a fhd screen and a powerful graphic card. For that price Z50-70 is a better option.

OP
B

bournejason

Broken In
Well those ain't high end laptops. High end laptops mainly come with i7 and 8Gb+ ram with a fhd screen and a powerful graphic card. For that price Z50-70 is a better option.

I realized that from SaiyanGoku's post :idea:.

Isn't 4GB of nvidia 840m an overkill. Changing it from 2GB to 4GB won't make it a high end graphic card from a medium one. Can it lead to significant performance gain? IMO No. Do tell me what you think.

8GB ram is worth considering but that is available in HP P-077TX which costs me a couple of thousand bucks cheaper except that it doesn't have FHD. Is FHD worth the extra bucks coz my GPU remains the same. So FHD gaming is out of the question. I guess it would make a difference only while watching movies.:unsure:

:wave:You guyz have any idea about whether battery life can be increased by disabling touch screen in the dell 3542 or any touch screen laptop in general? I'm stressing on the dell coz it has a backlit keyboard and I would love to be able to code easily in the dark after my roommates have gone to sleep.:hyper:

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
:wave:You guyz have any idea about whether battery life can be increased by disabling touch screen in the dell 3542 or any touch screen laptop in general? I'm stressing on the dell coz it has a backlit keyboard and I would love to be able to code easily in the dark after my roommates have gone to sleep.:hyper:

No i think you can't disable touchscreen on laptops.and regarding FHD if i can't play at FHD why bother about FHD that is the reason i didn't go for FHD laptops otherwise i was already decided on lenovo flex series with FHD.

- - - Updated - - -

Games looks better in native resolution only.
One review on flipkart says you can disable touch screen temporarily I don't know much truth in that.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well since the phones are now moving towards 2k resolution I do not feel comfortable anyone going with just a 720p display. I mean the difference between a hd and Fhd panel is huge. Backlit keyboards are a big plus if you had. I use mine always on all the time even in class which makes my Professor go crazy.

OP
B

bournejason

Broken In
Well since the phones are now moving towards 2k resolution I do not feel comfortable anyone going with just a 720p display. I mean the difference between a hd and Fhd panel is huge. Backlit keyboards are a big plus if you had. I use mine always on all the time even in class which makes my Professor go crazy.

What I'm saying is FHD will not be utilized in gaming due to the medium end 840m. Just for watching movies, I'm not willing to trade off with backlit keyboard. Do you have any other laptop in mind in the price range with backlit, fhd and 840m? This man's pockets are not deep enough.
Also I don't understand the purpose of having 2K resolution on phones. You don't look at such small screens for longer than 10-15 mins. So 1080p should be good enough.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
What I'm saying is FHD will not be utilized in gaming due to the medium end 840m. Just for watching movies, I'm not willing to trade off with backlit keyboard. Do you have any other laptop in mind in the price range with backlit, fhd and 840m? This man's pockets are not deep enough.
Also I don't understand the purpose of having 2K resolution on phones. You don't look at such small screens for longer than 10-15 mins. So 1080p should be good enough.

For watching movies, higher resolutions are always preferred. 840M is low-mid end.
I have a FHD panasonic vierra LED TV at home and even 720p movies look way better on it compared to the 720p laptop screen.

Minion

Conversation Architect
You simply can't compare a laptop screen with TV.laptops comes with inferior panel unless you buy a 70k laptops like dell 7000 series and laptop lacks image processing engine that is why a 480p movie will look awesome in led tvs.

@OP you can't get everything within your budget at least not in India so either you have to settle for less power full GPU with FHD or powerful GPU with HD screen.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You simply can't compare a laptop screen with TV.laptops comes with inferior panel unless you buy a 70k laptops like dell 7000 series and laptop lacks image processing engine that is why a 480p movie will look awesome in led tvs.

@OP you can't get everything within your budget at least not in India so either you have to settle for less power full GPU with FHD or powerful GPU with HD screen.
In this budget, he'll get either less powerful GPU (840m) with FHD or the same GPU with HD screen. There is really no other option for the GPU. :|

Minion

Conversation Architect
That is what i am saying for ex. flex 2 series in outside of India comes with 840M GPU while in india it is 820M:cry:

$hadow

Geek in making

You didn't got my point. I am providing you an example on that mobile screen. One question have you ever used a Fhd monitor?

Top Bottom