Multisession trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Using Nero 5 I tried to create a multisession data disc.It went smoothly upto 4 sessions.After the 5th session,I am unable to access the data which I wrote.Even the volume label was changed.Only the data of 5th session is visible now. How can I retrieve the lost(actually still in the disc)data :?:

swatkat

Technomancer
Right click on the CD drive icon in My Computer and the got to Properties.Then property window go to "Volumes" tab and choose the volumes(or sessions written durin multisession burning) and click Apply to view the contents of that session.
If u are using XP then after Right Click>Property then u have to choose the CD Rom drive in the Devices list and then click "Properties".In the device's property window,u go to volumes tab and then click "Populate" to view the sessions.Then select the session required.

sms_solver

In the zone
Nero5 give this problem with not so good black CD-R.

I had the problem with benq CD-R, this problem lies (i think) with the CD-RW drive, so use good blank CD-Rs (say org Imation)

The CD damaged with CD-RW can be read with normal CD-ROMs. I have had the same problem

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Hey! Swatcat mine sessions didn't came when i did ur sequence of operations in XP .. remember i have SP2 installed altoughi feel it hardly affects this but just for the sake of being enough explanatory /... plzz tell me how shd i look for my sessions!! :(

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. That Property pages are displayd if you have Nero installed ..

Okay now to the problem .. You can use Isobuster to see what sessions had been burned on the CD .. Just extract the session or track that you want ...

OP
whoopy_whale

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. That Property pages are displayd if you have Nero installed ..

Okay now to the problem .. You can use Isobuster to see what sessions had been burned on the CD .. Just extract the session or track that you want ...
Thanx Batty,
It works!!!I got my data back...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Me 2 got this prob earlier... I comes when u write the sessions @ different speeds.

To get the missing sessions, write a new session with ur earlier speed, that'll show u the other missing files.

Try & experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom