Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Ppl if i want to play online(have not done so far).what internet connection will i be needing.now i connect thro local cable guy will it suffice.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Well..............

Yes.. Cable Net connection is not bad for online gaming but if you play games that need 2 transfer a lot of data while playing online u need a better connection !

For now, you can get a cheap BSNL Dataone Broadband connection that offers good speds at a cheap rate !

BTW, a better connection can lead 2 a peaceful and entertaining online gaming experience !

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
My Cable Net Connection is sufficient to play games online. It however depends upon what speeds does your connection offer?

Previously, mine was a 64k shared line. I was able to connect and play on "America's Army" servers. The ping was a little on the higher side but I was able to play with little or no lag. I also tried "CS 1.6" on the Asian servers and the gaming expirience was much smoother, especially at night. Same with Quake 3 Arena.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
vasanth_12345 said:
Ppl if i want to play online(have not done so far).what internet connection will i be needing.now i connect thro local cable guy will it suffice.

Well the local cable wallah must suffice u to some point....depending on the Speed achieved....whats ur current net connection package???

Besides depends on what game u are willing to play....some game not only reauire good net connection but also the Legal copies of the Game to play online.....best example Steams Hl2 and CS Series :(

A decent 128Kbps Broadband connection must do for u.....then u can possibly connect at lower pings to some servers :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom