Multiget for linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
MultiGet (*multiget.sourceforge.net) is an easy-to-use and open source file downloader for Windows / Linux / Mac OS X / BSDs.
The new MULTIGET offers you even faster downloads by multi-thread-and-server-downloads and a download tool for downloading from friends: RetoShare.
Mutliget file downloader is programmed in C++ and has a Graphic-User-Interface (GUI) based on wxWidgets.
It supports HTTP/FTP protocols which covers the requirements of most users.
It supports multi-task with multi-thread on multi-server.
It supports resuming downloads if the Web server supports it, and if you like, you can reconfigure the thread number without stopping the current task. It's also support SOCKS 4,4a,5 proxy, ftp proxy, http proxy.
A new feature, that is called P2SP, or in other words, get file from multiple servers, and combine the data from different sites into one file! This makes downloads complete much faster than all the most other download tools.
Tested on many system such as : Windows 2000, ubuntu ,kubuntu, xubuntu, fc5, opensuse10.4, mandriva 2007, MEPIS 6.0, PCLinuxOS, CentOS4.4, Puppy2.0, Xandros, edubuntu, RedFlag workstation 5, MagicLinux, dubuntu, archlinux, Hiweed, FreeBSD, MacOS etc. It can only depends on GTK+ runtime environment in Linux if statically linked with wxWidgets.

SuSE users:
Download multiget for SuSE (look for Gecko ;-) ) from *multiget.sourceforge.net
Extract to a folder, you will see only one file, double click on it, that's it! It runs!!

Screenshots:

*img358.imageshack.us/img358/760/chm3pdf1lw1.th.png

*img358.imageshack.us/img358/5005/chm4pdf1yb2.th.png

Earlier discussion: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66726

Last edited:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey thanks for the info, i was looking for a download manger for my ubuntu installation. Was using Gwget, but this seems better. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
can someone compare the DownThemAll(firefox extension) and multiget

praka123

left this forum longback
Thanks Doc :) .
I have Just installed archlinux with kde-mod(kde modular)-the best kde distro I've ever seen even after trying suse(I know ur a kde fan ;) )

multiget and almost all packages are available!
Just installed as:
Code:
root@myhost:~# pacman -Sy community/multiget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom