Posted this on some other forum-that-must-not-be-named but realised they required post approval and its been a while since so I thought I'll try good ol' thinkdigit.
- Q: What is your budget?
- About Rs.60K, but can be increased to a maximum amount of Rs.70k.
- Q: When do you plan to purchase the build?
- In a week or two (June).
- Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
- Completely new build.
- Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
- Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
- - CPU - Intel Core i5 or i7 (is that even possible in this budget?)
- - Monitor - 22" or 24" inch
- Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
- No, this will be final configuration and I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon (2 years).
/-/ Edit: Actually, I'm probably going to get another monitor (same size and make) for this rig soon, so looking for something that can support dual monitors.
- Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
- Nehru Place, Delhi.
- Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
- - Graphic Designing (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash etc.)
- - Desktop Processing
- - Browsing
- - Gaming
- - Download rig, 24x7 operation
- - Watching HD [& Blu-Ray] movies
- Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
- Not really, but for CPU I'd prefer an Intel processor. Oh, and, please don't suggest an eye-blinding-neon-lights-led-in-your-face cabinet.
- Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
- - GTA VI
- - COD
- - Bad Company 2
- Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Higher the better.
- - Desktop - 1920 x 1200
- - Gaming - 1280 x 728
- Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No, never done it before and *I* most likely will mess things up.
- Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
- - Windows 7
- - Windows XP
Also going through OSx86Project guides (Hackintosh), will see if it supported.