Multi-GPU Wars

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys check out the awesome review and a war between three most value oriented gpu's this generation.

Msi Gtx 560 twin frozr IIOC SLI vs 69502gb CFX vs 6870 1gb CFX

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Thanks jas. I have to admit that crossfire setups are giving more value this generation. At much cheaper prices, great performance can be achieved.

Gtx 560 oc sli is performing better than standard 560 sli. This is great news for all msi gtx 560 twin frozr II owners. They can add a second card when prices come down & get good performance

Cilus

laborare est orare
Good Read Vicky,...thanks for the link. Lets see what I can do with my system now. Yesterday, discovered a lot of things about Crossfire..went to sleep at 3:30.
My findings are:
1. Metro CF scaling is awesome. With the Highest quality setting along with AAA antialiasing at 1080P in the 1st level, I was getting over 40 FPS.

2. Crysis 2 does not yet have optimized profile for multi-GPU setup for both nVidia and AMD . In my case although both the cards were working, I was getting lower fps (35-40) compared to my single HD 6870 (45 to 52 fps). Setting is Extreme with every thing set to highest, 4X MSAA and 2X Edge Detection AA and 16X AF. I was using the hack to apply those settings.
After some research, I found out that renaming the game to some other name for which CF profiles are there...like Bioshok.exe, Fear.exe or rift.exe...performance increase a little. I got maximum result with Bioshok.exe..almost 55 to 60 fps but lots of issues with the shadow details and shaders were coming. Fear.exe will provide u around 45 to 50 fps.

3. COD Black Ops was giving 105 FPS with 16X AA and 16X AF. The game also looks a lot better.

4. Got one interesting software called Radeonpro. RadeonPro applies user defined profiles upon game start, just define once the desired 3D settings for each game and have all those settings applied every time you play, automatically. Gonna try it today. Check is over here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Being using RadeonPRO since it was created by JPAMD out on guru3d. It is really good. Probably ATI should hire this dude. There is a whole thread dedicated just to RP on guru3d's driver thread for ATI accelerators. Though it is mostly targeted at multi-GPU users. Fixes up a lot of things. I cannot even look at Cry2 --- it flickers so bad without intervention via RP.

Cilus keep the ATI AI set to the highest value. That keeps the XfireX from working properly.

After the latest patch on Cry2 I get solid 60FPS. Love it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
And Asing, the problem you have mentioned for the flickering issue in Crysis 2, after installing the latest 11.3 cap it is not coming.
But still I'm not happy with the performance in CF of HD 6870. if not renamed, it is only giving 40-45 fps. Renaming it actually increase the performance as I mentioned in my previous post. Asing, could u suggest me any solution?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It is buggy for Crysis 2. That is about it. You cannot do much. Badly developed game.

And Asing, the problem you have mentioned for the flickering issue in Crysis 2, after installing the latest 11.3 cap it is not coming.
But still I'm not happy with the performance in CF of HD 6870. if not renamed, it is only giving 40-45 fps. Renaming it actually increase the performance as I mentioned in my previous post. Asing, could u suggest me any solution?

To see the difference of Xfire scaling, try in games with it off/on. Also RadeonPRo shows a strip on the left, which tells how much each GPU is being stressed...! Use that.

Also you would need to OC the CPU at least beyond 3.6GHz. Bundle of Xfire.

Top Bottom