mtnl broadband user check speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

paroh

Padawan
There is partially increase in speed for 256Kbps Plan user (UL). check ur router for speed change. check the speed in ur router and post it in here

288Kbps download (Previously 263Kbps)
256Kbps Upload (previously 260Kbps)

raksrules

Youngling
^^ If you are in Mumbai then it is not supposed to be partial increase but a double of what you used to get. MTNL Mumbai has doubled the speed of all UL plans so if you are on 256kbps/999 UL plan you will now get 512 kbps..enjoy :)

raksrules

Youngling
^^ You in Mumbai ??
Wait till this month end..it is being done in phases and timings may differ. I suggest you contact your local exchange or better call the customer care (1504 i think) and ask them why it has not be upgraded yet. Place a request for upgrade if they are taking it over the phone

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
This partially increase in speed is for delhi user on other side in mumbai all unlimited plan get the doubled speed

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

use speedtest.net to test ur d/l and u/l speeds.. :) as for the upgrade plan (for Mumbai TRIBAND customers) yes its true...the plan got upgraded by MTNL, Mumbai on 15th Aug, 2009 wherein the speed of Unlimited plans has got Doubled (256 increased to 512, 512 older got increased to 1mbps and so on) but it will be implemented and reflected in ur plans from Sept 1st 09 only.. :) so plz hv patience.. :)
--------

Cheers n e-peace....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
i hv been getting this speed for the past 1 month and im on 256kbps UL plan from triband.. :)

*www.speedtest.net/result/548682448.png

raksrules

Youngling
^^ You in Mumbai right
Now i suppose MTNL has still not done the upgrade in your exchange/area because if that would be done then the speed would have got reduced to 512 kbps for you.
Mine happened that way only....was getting 2 Mbps since i hooked on to MTNL but the latest upgrade actually downgraded my connection :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup buddy, me from Mumbai :)

yup, the upgrade (my from 256 to 512) has still not been done as it will be applicable only from 31st Aug.09 or 1st sep.09 so i cant say if my speeds will reduce or wat..lol...i hv been getting this speed for the entire Aug09 month..so i hope it will continue the same...

raksrules

Youngling
^^ The upgrade process started after 15 aug and will continue till aug end. I got those speeds for like 6 months before it went down to 512 kbps :(
So when in your exchange they do this speed upgrade chances are that you speed migth be reduced. If it does not happen then lucky you :)

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
Delhi : MTNL Triband 256kbps UL

I am getting D/L : 285kbps
U/L : 259 kbps
Getting this speed since 2 months,
But whats the big deal.......i m not experiencing any change in browsing/downloading.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
*www.speedtest.net/result/552279244.png
I am on night unlimited and i am getting this speed for past 1 year , so will there be any more increase in it , since i was thinking of shifting to cablenet .

raksrules

Youngling
*www.speedtest.net/result/552279244.png
I am on night unlimited and i am getting this speed for past 1 year , so will there be any more increase in it , since i was thinking of shifting to cablenet .

You are on Night Unlimited so you are bound to get that speed. But ashu on other hand is on full 24x7 Unlimited plan and he is ideally supposed to get 512kbps (as per the upgrade). But since past one month he is getting 2Mbps speeds (same as yours) and that is because of goofup by MTNL.

I too enjoyed 2 Mbps speeds for like 6 months when my plan was the 256kbps/999 UL plan but that is history now :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ rohan : :)

im on 256kbps unlimited plan but yes as rak007 said, i might be getting slow speed (if mtnl rectify the goof up)..lol..

@ rak :

i got my speed reduced..lol. see this

*www.speedtest.net/result/553045975.png

i dunno if its a temporary or a permanent rectification.. :( but the bottom line is tat my speed is reduced now.. :( but there is no change in plan details (the same old trib 256kbps ultd) on my account site... :confused: strange..

raksrules

Youngling
^^ see i told you buddy...this upgrade has been a downgrade to folks like us. First they get us addicted to 2 Mbps speeds and then give this measly 512kbps :(
Forget the plan name, they may or may not change it on website. Does not matter and i fear this speed reduction is infact permanent :(
But on the brighter side i see your upload speeds also in range of 512kbps. Now if this is constant (and not just a surge this time) then good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom