MSN Messenger 7.0.0.255(Beta) - Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4inet

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Just got my new MSN Messenger 7.0.0.255 beta. Really rocks a hell. To just show you some features that MSN 7.0 gives, here is a small review along with my screen shots. And all discussions related to MSN Msgr 7.0 can be made here. So I request all digit members to post all your news abt MSN Msgr 7.0 here.

Back in May, 2003 Microsoft exclusively revealed MSN Messenger 6.0. This time around it's 6.0's bigger brother, 7.0. MSN Messenger is clearly progressing in this early look at 7.0. You now have the ability to sign in as busy/away/offline etc which will please a lot of people. 3 Degrees is finally encorporated into MSN Messenger . The interface is cleaner, smarter and the features are great!

Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.

Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.

The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contacts display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface. MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11 with a general "MSN Messenger Wave 10" release as late as February 2005. We'll keep you updated but for now enjoy the screenshots.

Source : Neowin.net

Screen Shots From My Computer ::

.: coming soon :.

Fetures that I previewed myself ::

* At login we can provide whether to login in Invisible Mode/ Busy/Be Right Back & so many other options.

* I think these guys have just taken the advantage of yahoo. They have Winks which are just like yahoo's audiblies, but when we maximize the window they too get streched and sound quality is too cool.

* Just Like Yahoo Buzz (Ctrl+G), MSN has a new option named SNUDGE, which gives a alert to the other user.

* You need to get your email verified in order to change your name.

* Opens with MSN Today with latest NEWS

* Has My Winks menu, where you can set your default WINKS and lots of other features.

I have to use it to test & lets hope to see the best of all..

MY MSN ID : go4inet@yahoo.com

Come and add me on msn and lest share a lot..... :)

Stills to be uploaded and shown here soon :)

OP
G

go4inet

In the zone
The features quoted inside the quote box are from Neowin & all the features are my own experience...

And provding some stills :: screenshots !

*jupiter.walagata.com/w/go4inet/msnlog.jpg

OP
G

go4inet

In the zone
The Wink Features, which is the same as Yahoo - Audibilies, but still looks sexier than that !

And Snudge which is same as Yahoo Buzz (Ctrl+G)

*jupiter.walagata.com/w/go4inet/msnsnudge.jpg

*jupiter.walagata.com/w/go4inet/msnwinks.jpg

Deep

Version 2.0
or may be you can check this :D

*www.whoisdeep.com/archives/2004/10/03/msn-messenger-7-beta/

btw good work vinay..

Deep

svk

Journeyman
hello dude

hi
i think i had posted the same material sumtimez b4.
i am downloading msn msgr from some site. i dont know whether it is officially released. just i am downloading it.

i posted the below link
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7873
how did u get into msn msngr through yahoo id?
i think its virtually impossible
:D :D :D :twisted:

Deep

Version 2.0
Re: hello dude

svk said:
how did u get into msn msngr through yahoo id?
i think its virtually impossible
:D :D :D :twisted:

www.passport.net is the place to go..

register there and done..

but i wont suggest you to use yahoo id in msn

why? you wont be able to check your yahoo mails while you are signed in on msn..

reason for that might be 2 cookies with the same id but diff servers or something...

so its better to register using any id but yahoo

Deep

Kshipra

Broken In
no... i can check my yahoo! mails with above case deep said...

.net passport and y! services r different things...

.net passport service is now available for all e-mails... it let's u use various .net passport enabled web services.... and stuff....

In msn messenger when u click the link to chek ur mails it opens ur default mail things whether it be outlook/express/gmail/yahoo! mail...

so no probs...

I use MSN thru my GMail ID... actually most my my seniors and friends have their IDs on MSN so... even u can explore MSN Explorer thru ur other than MSN/Hotmail IDs... except the Hotmail Mail Service... 'coz it requires @Hotmail.com and @MSN.com ... ;-)

MSN Messenger 7 looks cool... MS still keeps it's style codenamed: CORONA in it... CORONA also applies for similar design of WMP10...

But I heard the Messenger for LH gonna be different in visual styling than CORONA ones we use today... with hell lot of new features... even like accessing the 911 for some emergency stuff... ;-)

Will try MSN Messenger 7 when it will release... hey what about RADIO...???

Is there any inbuild player now in v7 or still that web page stuff...?

Deep

Version 2.0
basically i said becoz of my personal experience..

i had reg using yahoo id and bcoz of that conflict i was not able to check yahoo mails while msn messeneger is on (with yahoo id)

so since it works for you now then they might have sorted out the problem..

Regards
Deep

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
yes i also use msn messenger with my gmail id... and i used to used it with my y! id before i migrated to gmail totally from yahoo! mail...

hey kshippi welcome to forum... so u finally joined it... ;-)

svk

Journeyman
whichs the link from which i can download it

whichs the link from which i can download it. i got a link but it just sucks.
no offense meant.
if its still a warez plz 4give my mistake

mariner_5147

Broken In
All the features are there in yahoo and eye candy factor just got better with new Y messenger. And according to my experience, at least all i know uses yahoo....another as msn chat is not free it sucks

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
public chat is not free in msn for indian customers but u can chat free with contacts in ur buddy list...

i basically use msn messenger to keep in touch with my classmates and seniors...

OP
G

go4inet

In the zone
well, as deep said ! logging on with yahoo id on .net passport and then checking mail using IE was not possible for me @ my home pc

deep explained me it was due to cache problem .... but try checking ur mails in Opera. I did not get any problem.

And Digit Mods and Admins, I am really sorry for posting this thread in General Section, instead of posting it here under S/W Section :)

talrejaharish

Journeyman
hey ... all u ppl who want MSN 7.0 ... here r the links ... from variuos sites ...

PLS NOTE: BETA VERSION only !!!

Download MSN Messenger 7 Beta at the following mirrors:

[1] *files.tcmagazine.net/messengers/msnmsgr7.msi (TechConnect)

[2] *download.9down.com/Microsoft.MSN.Messenger.7.0.0205.Beta.rar (9Down)

[3] *www.flexbeta.net/downloads/7.0.0205.MsnMsgs.msi (Flexbeta)

[4] *www.ohnoyoudont.com/71.0.0205.MsnMsgs.msi (Oh No You Don't!!)

[5] Windows X and BlogBuster proudly presents the new MSN 7.0 (beta) patched and working as well. With this patched the following has been modified:

- No more ads or nags in this version
- No more Tabs in this version
- Possible to play online games
- Removed BETA status at the top of the window

*nick.tweakdsl.nl/upload/msn7patched.exe

[6] *idarkside.ath.cx:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=b08735f4f22f64107db0954b2d9a83fc95820159 (for Torrent users)

[7] *www.tlotr.com/MsnMsgs7.0.0.0250.msi

[8] *members.lycos.nl/kamgoud/7.0.0205.MsnMsgs.msi

[9] *msn7.atomixhost.com/MsnMsgs7.0.0.0205.msi (AtomixHost)

[10] *www.mindev.com/msn7_(www.mindev.com).rar (MaXuS)

[11] *www.sebsz.com/MSNMessenger7.rar (SeBsZ)

[12] *www.mastaline.com/download/MsnMsgs7-mastaline_com.msi (Mastaline)

[13] *www.chichosting.com/~xerocool/msnme...205.MsnMsgs.rar (XPuser)

A beta version is for official beta testers only. It contains bugs and should not be considered a stable version of the MSN Messenger 7 software.

Thankz all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom