MSI mobo or INTEL mobo pls. help

Status
Not open for further replies.
1..how would u compare the MSI RS480M2-IL mobo with ATI XPRESS 200 CHIPSET with the INTEL ORIGINAL 915 series(i need pci-express slots) mobos...??in terms of performance,gaming,etc..

2.whats the difference between the 915 GAG,915 GAV,925 series...etc etc desktop boards in intel..which one is superior..

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud Intel r famous for Rock solid performence..and MSI is popular for its extreme overclocking ability + Rock solid performence..so if ur goinn for Gaming Rig....opt MSI Neo series MObo

saROMan

QA Juggler
if u want to knw the techical comparison then visit these sites :

*www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/comparison.php

*www17.tomshardware.com/motherboard/index/index.html

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/850mbcomparo/default.asp

*www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1710797,00.asp

*anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2293

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
thanks a lot lot :D :D
so im going for my new pc today of the following config..
pls. advise me where the components are ok.
pls. check if i will get more performance than the p4 3 Ghz+intel 915GAG mobo in this..

i need specific advise on the RAM manufacturer and the POWER SUPPLY
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
80GB SEAGATE SATA HDD
HYNIX 512MB DDR 400 Mhz
LG 17' CRT MONITOR
CREATIVE 2.1 SPEAKERS(with sub-woofer)
SONY DVD-ROM
SONY CD-WRITER
1.44 MB SONY FDD
FRONTECH 400W POWER SUPPLY
FRONTECH CABINET(with additional fan)
APC 500VA UPS

Delpiero

Journeyman
karthik316_2003 said:
thanks a lot lot :D :D
so im going for my new pc today of the following config..
pls. advise me where the components are ok.
pls. check if i will get more performance than the p4 3 Ghz+intel 915GAG mobo in this..

i need specific advise on the RAM manufacturer and the POWER SUPPLY
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
80GB SEAGATE SATA HDD
HYNIX 512MB DDR 400 Mhz
LG 17' CRT MONITOR
CREATIVE 2.1 SPEAKERS(with sub-woofer)
SONY DVD-ROM
SONY CD-WRITER
1.44 MB SONY FDD
FRONTECH 400W POWER SUPPLY
FRONTECH CABINET(with additional fan)
APC 500VA UPS
Everything is fine except power supply and RAM. Get PSU from antec and RAM from transcend or kingston,both are good 8) . You will get slightly better performance with amd 3000 than p4 3ghz.

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
which mobo do u advise me.. leave alone the processor..im concerned about the onboard graphics..i.e, whether INTEL GMA 900 ONBOARD GRAPHICS or ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200 ONBOARD GRAPHICS???

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud..u wil get these 2 brands in chennai for sure....hynix is not bad.....but..also not worth investin 2/3k if ur goinn for high end system...if u want a bare min sys..then hynix is just fine 4 u....

Delpiero

Journeyman
karthik316_2003 said:
which mobo do u advise me.. leave alone the processor..im concerned about the onboard graphics..i.e, whether INTEL GMA 900 ONBOARD GRAPHICS or ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200 ONBOARD GRAPHICS???
Processor- Keep in mind, only go for amd 64 bit processors.
Mobo- MSI RX480M2, it has onboard ati exp. 200 chipset
Ram- Hynix is not bad but it's not better than Transcend and Kingston.
Have you bougt ur PC? Let us know. Now you have a good final config. :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@delpiero
Mobo- MSI RX480M2, it has onboard ati exp. 200 chipset

dude plz check before u advise ... this board does not have onboard grafix ... it is based on the xpress200p chipset ... only the msi rs480 m2 based on xpress 200 chipset has onboard vga and pci-express slot ... karthik man enough of confusion , just go ahead and buy ur machine...happy computing !!

and ya antec is the cheapest available in chennai as they have their main office there i guess, visit www.antecindia.com and send them an enquiry or look for the dealers there. kingston will also be definitely available in chennai. visit www.aainfoways.com and send them an enquiry for ram and availability in chennai if u want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom