MSI afterburner question!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ kapilove77 - use Sapphire TriXX - you don't need to unlock anything - every needed OC option is already present in it ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
hey buddy you need to edit the msiafterburner.cfg file with notepad.
-First download the 'take ownership' registry tweak by googling and install it.
-After that right click on the .cfg file and select take ownership.
-add below line infront of the unnofficialoverclockingEULA,
I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
-save it and then tick the control voltage option in the settings.restart.hope this will help.

Here in the download link for the take ownership registry tweak file,
Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sukesh1090 i think thats just for unlocking the core and memory oc tabs beyond limitation set by catalyst and he has already done it i suppose. as limit is 840mhz core for 6950.

i too faced same issue as kapil now BTW.

@ kapilove77 - use Sapphire TriXX - you don't need to unlock anything - every needed OC option is already present in it ;-)

TP doesnt trixx load oc profile on its own at startup?
on startup its showing default clocks.
settings -
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/2049/captureoyq.png

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^brother but his card is from MSI only so it should work.
@op,
try installing the gfx driver from the MSI website.it may allow you to adjust the voltage.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@TP
checked restore clocks and it worked. :))
but fan profile resets itself? any solution?

TriXX does not load OC profile at startup ( when you start the comp from a complete off state ) and the fan setings also need to be manually checked each time - but part from these this a great and easy tool to OC gpus.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
TriXX does not load OC profile at startup ( when you start the comp from a complete off state ) and the fan setings also need to be manually checked each time - but part from these this a great and easy tool to OC gpus.

it does buddy. check the restore clocks option in settings. settings will load after 5 seconds after you reach desktop after startup. a progress bar comes on top ;-)

however fan settings are not loaded. read somewhere its a bug in trixx. will be fixed with next release.

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
I installed and uninstalled driver many times but thats still locked. Even in trixx i can't move the voltage bar its stuck on 793. What to do?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ have a look at these links ;-)
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC review
HOW TO: Enable UNOFFICIAL overclocking mode in MSI AfterBurner - Guru3D.com Forums
HARDOCP - Overclocking - MSI R6950 1GB Twin Frozr III Power Edition Review

it does buddy. check the restore clocks option in settings. settings will load after 5 seconds after you reach desktop after startup. a progress bar comes on top ;-)

however fan settings are not loaded. read somewhere its a bug in trixx. will be fixed with next release.

I've checked that option but for me it did not worked but I'm OK with that - I don't mind manually load profiles ;-)

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
^^ have a look at these links ;-)
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC review
HOW TO: Enable UNOFFICIAL overclocking mode in MSI AfterBurner - Guru3D.com Forums
HARDOCP - Overclocking - MSI R6950 1GB Twin Frozr III Power Edition Review

These for unlocking 900 limit only that i already break but it won't open voltage option.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ acc to the guru3d review they were manged to OC the card beyond 1Ghz using AFB using the method mentioned on their forum which unlocks voltage options - may be you should try the AFB version they have used for the test :

MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 2 download from Guru3D.com

Uninstall your current version of AFB and install the above mentioned one - use the trick mentioned on guru3d's forum and see if you can volt tweak the gfx card.

Top Bottom