Status
Not open for further replies.

puja399

In the zone
Recently I installed MSDN October 2005 (DVD edition) where Visual Studio 6 (Pro) with MSDN July 2000 edition were already installed. But MSDN Collection settings is not recognising the MSDN October 2005 and so I cannot set MSDN October 2005 as my default help system (for running from within V.Studio 6). Although I can run MSDN Oct 05 stand alone. What is the problem here??? :?: :?: :?:

::cyborg::

In the zone
hey hey puja iam here to help u remember me iam cyborg stupid one hi hi

ok listen when u open visual basic u hit f1 and it will ask u the folder to browse or if this does'nt work

u make a directory in the visual basic(i mean where vb 6 is installed) named msdn and then install ur msdn in it

OP
puja399

puja399

In the zone
First of all, I already have MSDN July 2000 version installed, and so when F1 is pressed, VS98 doesn't ask for any MSDN folder (which is as it should be) and opens the July 2000 version. So ur solution is futile.

Secondly, installing MSDN Oct2005 in another folder (non-default folder, that is) will also not work as its required to be linked with the VStudio IDE somehow, which is possible with the help of the 'MSDN Collection settings' but unfortunately that is also not working.

Thanks for ur reply though. :)

vinaypatel

Journeyman
have u install full MSDN or Partial that is custom if it is custom than it is possible that when it ask for cd provide that cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom