Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
I want to make a database which contains the contents of DVDs OF All months issues in such a way that helps me to look for any utility easily contained in any DVD as the Digit Finder is not running on my system and showing errors.....

For this I want to make tables with Table name as of "Multimedia" or "Games" or "System" etc. with Field Names as "Jan10" or "Dec09" .......{as per months publication}

Please help me out how can i make such a database on MS Access or suggest me some other DBMS on which my problem can be sorted out easily.....

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry:Help me out....... :hissyfit:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^No it wont. The alpha version is too buggy. It doesn't run from any shortcut's of the app from the start menu. You need it to run from the installation directory in program files.

vamsi360

Always confused
just take the archive.xml file from your program files directory and import the xml data to excel using import feature.

It's very easy man.

OP
Admirer Of Digit

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
dude ....the problem is in archive.xml all the soft. are arranged in a heading like Internet, Multimedia,etc. & i want diff. headings to be in a diff. row....

But by this method it is not possible to do so.........

So, please :-(:-( help me out....

Aspire

Padawan
If i recall correctly, there used to be an option in the menu giving you the freedom to split the contents of a cell into multiple cells if there was a space between the words.

so what you need to do is:
1. copy the contents into a notepad file
2. import it
3. split the contents into multiple cells using that tool

OP
Admirer Of Digit

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
If i recall correctly, there used to be an option in the menu giving you the freedom to split the contents of a cell into multiple cells if there was a space between the words.

so what you need to do is:
1. copy the contents into a notepad file
2. import it
3. split the contents into multiple cells using that tool

Please help me out to find it out.............i could not find it out...

Aspire

Padawan
As i said in the other thread,i dont have MS Access anymore, so cant tell you the exact location
So i googled for you and found this tool
Do give it a try

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Upload a copy of the xml file somewhere and I can take a look at it if you want. I'm no expert though .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Why are you cross posting..???

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124104

Just upload the XML file, will do it for you. Will take me 5-6 minutes.

vamsi360

Always confused
dude ....the problem is in archive.xml all the soft. are arranged in a heading like Internet, Multimedia,etc. & i want diff. headings to be in a diff. row....

But by this method it is not possible to do so.........

So, please :-(:-( help me out....

impossible?

No dude...it is the same thing that I have done. I used the XML directly and parsed it in making the digit archive.

Link:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127416

Further I have an upcoming build that used SQL Server DB internally which i populated by exporting the XML data to SQL Server table. It is similar in the case of access too.

If any queries PM me. I am happy to help.

OP
Admirer Of Digit

Admirer Of Digit

Journeyman
impossible?

No dude...it is the same thing that I have done. I used the XML directly and parsed it in making the digit archive.

Link:
Digit Archive now hosted at Codeplex - download now! - Digit's Technology Discussion Forum

Further I have an upcoming build that used SQL Server DB internally which i populated by exporting the XML data to SQL Server table. It is similar in the case of access too.

If any queries PM me. I am happy to help.

i will try it & give u the feedback..........

okkkkkkkkkk

Top Bottom