Mozilla for Mobile Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*img511.imageshack.us/img511/1679/fenneclogomr2.jpg

Mozilla Has Officially launched its Mobile version of Browser Under The codename “Fennec”

The first release is for OS2008 ("Maemo") Platform which is there in Nokia N810 Internet tablet.

Source

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Opera Mini vs. Mozilla

Mozilla has always been following up on the latest trends in the browser field (read:copying) so this comes as no surprise.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Opera Mini vs. Mozilla

Mozilla has always been following up on the latest trends in the browser field (read:copying) so this comes as no surprise.

Was it necessary? If you say Mozilla is copying then what would say for IE. Mozilla has its share of innovations.

Is it available for S60 devices? If yes, kindly provide the link, I want to download it right away?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
This is so fu<kin bad.. :x

Released, okay; but on such a platform? Though yeah, a nice thing to do as they would have less bugs because of the limited devices using the platform.
When will this be available for Windows Mobile and Symbian.. Do it and I am sold. :neutral:

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
^^Hope it isnt memoryholic :D
Please Dont make this another browser war thread

ThinkFree

Technomancer
If it's for mobile, then why are the files for installation so large?

File:fennec-1.0a1.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 9422 KB 10/17/2008 05:00:00 AM
File:fennec-1.0a1.en-US.mac.dmg 10732 KB 10/17/2008 05:04:00 AM
File:fennec-1.0a1.en-US.win32.zip 8968 KB 10/17/2008 05:06:00 AM

IronManForever

^^ Because its for one heLL of a mobile; N810 is a powerful device... :)

Errm... Why are there 3 Different verions for Linux, Mac and Windows? Is it a kinda Developers copy with the source as well? :confused:

IronManForever

BBThumbHealer said:
Will Firefox For Mobile be based on Java engine ? If yes, then that wud be great coz my BB can it run it too !
Not based on Java, it works natively on the N810 (and probably N800 since they are basically same other than the slide-out Keyboard and WiMax in N810)...

But I would really hate if it was Java as I currently own Windows Mobile and a lot of potential will go wasted if it is released for Other mobiles(read: WM) in Java only. :neutral: Also, handling of Java apps in Windows Mobile sucks compared to Symbian. :(...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom