Moving to XP from Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Recently my frnd brought a HP laptop....:D with Vista installed...

Now he says he wants 2 migrate 2 XP...

is it possible...2 do so.....??? :confused: bcoz the question is he didnt get any driver CD's with laptop...do we get a driver CD with a new laptop or not...;-)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ask him to go for online chat with HP customer care...............one of my frnd also had this issue......his lappy is HP too.........
first we tried to do it ourselves.........but were unsuccessful............then he chatted with HP customer Care and asked about downgrading...........they told that they are not officially helping him............and sent some driver links to his mail........

but he couldn't try them as he had exams next week.......(so can't help u with d info, if the drivers actually worked or not)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No, they don't provide any driver or anything like that.............
They only provide a recovery drive(In most laptops including HP is D drive) ur OS and other drivers are stored there...........this is called factory settings.........
u do a restore from here and ur lappy is as same as new(from s/w side:D)

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
If it came with Original Windows Vista install then he should have got a recovery disc.Driver cd is included with the lappy though. it's drivers might be dumped in it.
he can trt to download them via internet..

vulgrr

Right off the assembly line
Good move!! Vista sucks!!

um, about drivers, just sign up with driverguide.com!!!

You can find just about any driver you need!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom