Movies in SuSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
I tried VLC but, the video playback shows visible pixels, while the same video looks smooth in VLC (Windows).

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
In the package manager (I think its yum :? ), choose to install mplayer, mplayer-gui, mplayerplug-in ....

it will install some dependencies together which are actually codecs and plugins.

and you will have it working. :)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I tried VLC but, the video playback shows visible pixels, while the same video looks smooth in VLC (Windows).

It is true that mplayer gives a little better performance than VLC. BUT, I have neved had any problems like yours. For me, the quality of video in Windows and Linux is the same.

Are you using compiz? Cause I have had problems with compiz+VLC. The performance degrades. (compiz or beryl.... XGL)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Zegulas Complete Guide to Open Suse 10.3

* Covers installing flash player, RealPlayer, Acroread, Java Plugin

* Win32 Codecs, DVD playback

* Installing NVidia or ATI Video drivers etc.,

Checkout : *www.softwareinreview.com/linux_optimizations/hacking_opensuse_10.3.html

All you need to install all the essential software packages!!

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
Mplayer is a very good player.It plays almost all the formats. If you use opensuse 10.2 or later, try installing using the 1-click installer.You won't have to face any dependency problem; all the required dependencies will be installed automatically.Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom