Mouse problem in SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlAsTeR

Broken In
I recently installed XP SP2..

Every thing works fine except that the mouse starts moving upwards without any mouse move.Tell me if any one else is facing same problem or its another Microsoft Bug. :?: :?: :?:

I am using iball mouse , PIII , 1 GHz , 256 MB Ram..

imgame

Broken In
try installing latest driver from ur manufacturers website .......windows SP2 have driver issues ...with certain devices!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.... I dont got any such problem .. Are you using your Cellphone near your computer ..? That also happen to be a reason for mouse's scrolling ...

wORm

Journeyman
You didn't mention that you have a cordless mouse, hence I'm sure yours is a regular one. Interference from mobile signal cannot move a regular corded mouse. Just clean your ball.

OP
B

BlAsTeR

Broken In
sorry forgot to mention mouse type.

I am using PS/2 iBall mouse and not cord less mouse.

As u suggessted i tried to clean ball but problem still presists.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I had such a problem long time back ...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4148&highlight=
( do u have a HCL pc )

neways .. the only soution turned out to be changing the motherboard..
cos the problem was with mouseport
try using some friend's mouse and see if changing mouse can help ...
if not then better see a hardware salesman

walking-techie

Journeyman
yeah.. 1st chk whether mouse has the same problem on other comp.. is yes then the mouse is faulty if not.. use someone elses mouse on ur comp.. if that doesnt work then problem is not on ur mouse but elsewhere

tell us wat happens after u do this and we can giv more solutions

Sourabh

Laptoping
strange prob

did u flash ur bios
coz some intel bios updates screw ps/2 mouse somethings
the solution for tht as intel suggests is reset setting to default from BIOS :lol:

demoninside

In the zone
Hey i guess i also have the same prob. and yes i noticed it's after installing SP2, and i don't have mobile any way near coz i don't have any. :lol: :arrow: so yes any one with solution:?:

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- had a prob with sp2 trying to update drivers with its own drivers rather than the manufacturers drivers already installed with sp1 .
- uninstall the driver altogether and see if it is correctly detected after a reboot . if u get the same prob when specifying the particular brand of the mouse . try to use standard ps2
- try swapping mouse and keyboard connectors

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
at times mine dont move for a few seconds and now it is not moving by correctly 10 seconds at times,

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom