Mouse goes dumb after few minutes

thinkjamil

Journeyman
My hp-dv6 6115tx is giving a peculiar problem. My mouse , any mouse goes non-responsive few minutes. The LED of mouse is on but, it losses responsiveness. Tried every usb port on my laptop and tried different mouses. Also double checked each mice on other laptop. Every other USB peripheral woks just fine on my laptop , except mouse (driver - HID-Compliant).

Also restored my laptop to factory setting (reformating C drive). But Nothing solves this issue. One thing I noticed that after it gone non-responsive, my system at times find new hardware but nothing happens.

I thought my logitech M90 was faulty so bought imation GMS 800 and opened up the logitech M90 (Now it won't fit back :-D) . Buts that's not a big deal, Big deal is I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAY ANY GAME :evil: since this happened .

Since mouse is receiving power and problem is on every port, I suspect software related issue , that's why I'm posting here.

Anybody Any Idea?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
You dont take proper care of your mouse.. Never buy a hamster..:nanananana:

Is the problem happening in all of the ports?? If so then re-install the latest drivers..

OP
T

thinkjamil

Journeyman
mouse works perfect in other laptop.I tried twisting and all when on other pc but it worked fine.

...and this is happening in all ports of my laptop...and re-installing driver was the first thing I did. But that didn't solve.

If you have another os(preferably linux) on your pc, try the mouse on it. Sometimes driver issues can cause this. If the mouse fails on that too, I'm afraid your Laptop is the one having issues.

OP
T

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Updated BIOS again so far mouse is working!!!:razz:. But the problem always started after some time of operation. therefore waiting for it to happen.
If it doesn't occur after a night of gameplay ,then I would assume it to be solved.

I use linux in virtual, but I'm thinking of Dual boot too. I'll try live linux distro if that problem occurs again.

Thanks to everyone for ideas.
I'll update after some gameplay.

louisgarcia

Broken In
Go to control Panel and then click on add new hardware. If model number of you mouse is shown there then it means there is something wrong with its wire.

OP
T

thinkjamil

Journeyman
Tried ubuntu for half an hour ...mouse works perfect so does other mouse...plugged and unplugged it many times and handled it carelessly, still works.

It seems mouse is okay. Problem only occurs in windows 7 that too sometime after boot.

My laptop warranty is long gone. and mouse is new but from "imation", so I'm not expecting any service center.

Top Bottom