Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

the.one

In the zone
Does the stock android on Moto phones not have a straight option to set a music file as ringtone? Do we have to copy the file to a specific ringtones folder manually on PC to change ringtone?

A flipkart reviewer has posted these in his review. I haven't used a stock Android phone off late. Can these be added using a diff launcher?

Mobile data toggle is one thing I know that's not present.

I would miss these features on the Moto phone if they are not present on the pre installed rom.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does the stock android on Moto phones not have a straight option to set a music file as ringtone? Do we have to copy the file to a specific ringtones folder manually on PC to change ringtone?

A flipkart reviewer has posted these in his review. I haven't used a stock Android phone off late. Can these be added using a diff launcher?

I would miss these features on the Moto phone if they are not present on the pre installed rom.

1. Use any music app like poweramp or install ES File explorer (a must have app IMO) and use that to set any audio as ringtone.
2. Launcher is different thing. How can one set a ringtone using a launcher? :confused:
3. Last time I checked, it was there on Moto E1 and Moto G2. Why would anybody remove it?

the.one

In the zone
1. Use any music app like poweramp or install ES File explorer (a must have app IMO) and use that to set any audio as ringtone.
2. Launcher is different thing. How can one set a ringtone using a launcher? :confused:
3. Last time I checked, it was there on Moto E1 and Moto G2. Why would anybody remove it?

Thanks. I have a moto e1 and e2 with other members at home but lazy to check these out.

Owned a Sony xperia earlier where this option just appeared on any mp3 files by default. Using a diff launcher can give me additional notification toggles. My bad I mentioned it for ringtone.

But I agree I'm not a pro at android ive been using wp & iOS for sometime now.

tkin

Back to school!!

1. That's a standard feature in android. You can use any media player like Google, Poweramp, or file explorers like ES File Explorer to set a media file as ringtone. What he means is that it would not show under the default list of ringtones in Settings. That's a good thing, you wouldn't want a million music files to show in the ringtone selector menu that you can reach from Settings. It will show default ringtone and the files placed in folder called Ringtone. My LG G2 does this as well.

2. Not sure about the toggle, maybe you can use a third party widget. There are plenty available. It's a handy feature, but if its lacking in X Play then that means it was removed by Google as X Play use stock UI.

the.one

In the zone
1. That's a standard feature in android. You can use any media player like Google, Poweramp, or file explorers like ES File Explorer to set a media file as ringtone. What he means is that it would not show under the default list of ringtones in Settings. That's a good thing, you wouldn't want a million music files to show in the ringtone selector menu that you can reach from Settings. It will show default ringtone and the files placed in folder called Ringtone. My LG G2 does this as well.

2. Not sure about the toggle, maybe you can use a third party widget. There are plenty available. It's a handy feature, but if its lacking in X Play then that means it was removed by Google as X Play use stock UI.

Ok I have received the X Play today. Will check it out in the evening.

the.one

In the zone
Nicest review of the moto x play..

*m.youtube.com/watch?v=IDz3AQtQ9qs

He has nothing bad to talk abt it.

This one too... Light hearted stuff.

*m.youtube.com/watch?v=20paoUrh-NQ

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Both nexus are met but nexus 6p camera is top notch.. Only topped by s6 and edge.. That's

Google Nexus 6P review: Serious contender for mobile photography - DxOMark

Last edited by a moderator:

kevz22

crazy techie
Moto X Style might be on its way to the Indian shores soon! :)
*mobile.twitter.com/MotorolaIndia/s...4?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

tkin

Back to school!!
Moto X Style might be on its way to the Indian shores soon! :)

Source? Apart from the Zauba link.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the source. I'd say October 2nd week.

*mobile.twitter.com/MotorolaIndia/status/649827406354718720

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Source? Apart from the Zauba link.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the source. I'd say October 2nd week.

*mobile.twitter.com/MotorolaIndia/status/649827406354718720
Motorola has started teasing. And may be may be Motomaker is also coming (that's a big guess)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Motorola to Shut Down Moto Migrate and Moto Assist for Marshmallow Users | Droid Life

Pretty good Motorola.. keeping us aways from Bloat... since 2013...

More info: *motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/108264

Top Bottom