Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

the.one

In the zone
I got a OP2 invite but Im tempted by Moto X Play and Zenfone 2 as well
what are your opinions?
Im not starting a new thread because I dont have any particular needs etc, just want good battery and camera and maybe dev support

Zenfone 2 has poor cam and incompatibility with few apps due to intel chipset if I'm not wrong.

tkin

Back to school!!
And ladies and gentlemen (although I doubt any lady is present here), Moto X Style finally spotted. Imported for testing purposes 32GB XT1572 is priced at 30383.
Now as many of you might remember, the XT1562 aka Play was imported for testing purposes at 22228 (32 GB) and is now sold for 19999. So expect the Style to be in 26-27k range for 32 GB.
You all can thank me for this info now (kidding) :p
Based on the same logic as X Play price, I'd guess 27k for 32GB X Style. Not bad. Need to verify it's battery stats one more time. Nexus 5x will be the hard fight, 5.2" phone is perfect for a lot of people.

- - - Updated - - -

In all probability 26940 for 32GB one
No SD card or 64GB, damn it.

- - - Updated - - -

what are your opinions?
Im not starting a new thread because I dont have any particular needs etc, just want good battery and camera and maybe dev support
With X Style, Nexus 5X launching around the corner its wise to wait.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
At this point I am pretty much sure about going the style way. Unless and untill the Nexus beats the Style in Camera and battery by a long margin its style for me. I will miss the fingerprint sensor though. Always wanted to own one

tkin

Back to school!!
At this point I am pretty much sure about going the style way. Unless and untill the Nexus beats the Style in Camera and battery by a long margin its style for me. I will miss the fingerprint sensor though. Always wanted to own one

Battery status no concern? It does have quick charge. And style comes with turbo charger inbox. Also it has sd card as well. Tough choice. Only thing holding me back is the battery. Need to browse xda.

the.one

In the zone
Two weeks with the Motorola Moto X Play - Android Authority

This review doesnt paint a good picture of the X Play from a lay man's perspective.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
what are your opinions?
Please give me op2 invite. I want a phone with finger print sensor now

tkin

Back to school!!
Please give me op2 invite. I want a phone with finger print sensor now

If you don't get here try OP forum. People are giving them away as if there is no tomorrow.

Problem is most people are selling them. Or trying to sell them and end up wasting it as customer base is drying up. Funny marketing.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Just handled moto x play of a office colleuge and did find some lags stutters.. I am on Bliss pop on my g2 and it's 4 times snappy that that SD615 play
Also he has only few apps installed. He did not find any lag of course because his previous phone was a shitsang.. Shitwiz

tkin

Back to school!!
The Style looks like the perfect phone, except the battery, so if you carry the turbo charger with you or a powerbank this problem can be mitigated. Still not a true believer.

BTW have we got something like these in India? Aukey 10,000mAh Dual-USB Power Bank with Quick Charge | Android Central

Should be around 2k, justified.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM got them: *www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Aukey A bit high.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, this thing has quick charge input as well as output: Aukey PB-T1 Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh External Battery Charger

- - - Updated - - -

That's it, I'm getting Moto X Style, the moto assist features are awesome.

[YOUTUBE]yz72DyJBcp0[/YOUTUBE]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes. I am pretty much confirmed about the style. Moto assist features is a huge point

Why is Moto Assist a huge point? When it's available in all Moto X? It's actually a generic part of Moto X now. Without it no Moto X is complete. I don't see it the deciding factor, on should you get this specific version of Moto X.
Am I missing something?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Why is Moto Assist a huge point? When it's available in all Moto X? It's actually a generic part of Moto X now. Without it no Moto X is complete. I don't see it the deciding factor, on should you get this specific version of Moto X.
Am I missing something?
Its not a huge point considering the previous moto x. But pitch it against Nexus 5X or the OPT. Apart from other factors the moto assist becomes a huge point for me.

tkin

Back to school!!
Its not a huge point considering the previous moto x. But pitch it against Nexus 5X or the OPT. Apart from other factors the moto assist becomes a huge point for me.
Exactly. This is one of the major deciding factors for me between OPT, Nexus 5X and other devices under 30k.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yea, deciding factor for buying Moto X was the assist features. I can't use a phone without these features now. :D
These features does actually matter, and aren't gimmicks like "megapixel" and "ppi" which other phones boast of.

ankushv

Journeyman
Does the moto x style have a gyro ?
Also since it will have android m eventually , does it have a finger print sensor that android m supports natively now ?
I'm too lazy to look it up .
If yes for both , I'll buy buy the x style as soon as it comes out .
OT
I travel by public transport, so the fingerprint unlock will be quite convenient in a heavy crowd .

tkin

Back to school!!
Does the moto x style have a gyro ?
Also since it will have android m eventually , does it have a finger print sensor that android m supports natively now ?
I'm too lazy to look it up .
If yes for both , I'll buy buy the x style as soon as it comes out .
OT
I travel by public transport, so the fingerprint unlock will be quite convenient in a heavy crowd .
Gyro yes, fingerprint no. Make a decision. I'd go for Moto X Style because I value features more than Antutu scores.

Top Bottom