Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

ankushv

Journeyman
My first gen moto g too lacked gyroscope , and I miss photo sphere and some games work better with the gyro , also the issue of 3d wallpapers .
Also what is the point of having a good camera and no photosphere . I guess I'll have to wait for the moto x style .

tkin

Back to school!!
Is the camera in Moto X Play better than oneplus one ?

Also there was a news some time back that we can by moto phones from moto care in major cities , like Bangalore.

Has anyone visited these ? do they have phones on display and to try out ?
1. Subjective, daylight shots are better in X Play, but night shots will be better on OPT, also OPT can record 4k, so overall OPT has the better camera.

2. Moto care was announced but not available yet, they will come up around end 2015 I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it's a good upgrade to my 1.5 year faithful lg G2.. But meh..
Hmm, same boat mate, pm me if you find any set that can replace G2 under 25k max.

- - - Updated - - -

My first gen moto g too lacked gyroscope , and I miss photo sphere and some games work better with the gyro , also the issue of 3d wallpapers .
Also what is the point of having a good camera and no photosphere . I guess I'll have to wait for the moto x style .
That's it, I'm out, I play a lot of Hungry Shark Evolution. That game runs using Gyro, I need gyro. X Play is out.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
1. Subjective, daylight shots are better in X Play, but night shots will be better on OPT, also OPT can record 4k, so overall OPT has the better camera.

2. Moto care was announced but not available yet, they will come up around end 2015 I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, same boat mate, pm me if you find any set that can replace G2 under 25k max.

- - - Updated - - -

That's it, I'm out, I play a lot of Hungry Shark Evolution. That game runs using Gyro, I need gyro. X Play is out.

X Style then

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am SO glad to have bought my Moto X when it was all new, the mighty first gen.

Now it seems there's a flood of Moto X'es. Moto X 2nd gen, 3rd gen, Maxx, Play, Style.. wtf...
Comparing them to find out best among them is a PITA, as I found out ... :facepalm:

tkin

Back to school!!
Just hope moto prices it rightly too :) i am waiting for it too :D (good thing is next gen nexus is expected around 29 sep so we can know some more alternates).
I'm waiting as well, I got the flagship with the G2, my next phone even if not flagship should be more vfm.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I am more inclined towards the nexus 5X. But if if fails to grab my attention I might wait for the SD620 or SD820 to hit the market

tkin

Back to school!!
I am more inclined towards the nexus 5X. But if if fails to grab my attention I might wait for the SD620 or SD820 to hit the market
Hope SD620 performs good enough WITHOUT heating for qualcomm as well as everyone's sake as they hold most 4G patents and its impossible to bypass them when making a phone. That's why most companies had to use the SD810 even though it performed like $hit.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Hope SD620 performs good enough WITHOUT heating for qualcomm as well as everyone's sake as they hold most 4G patents and its impossible to bypass them when making a phone. That's why most companies had to use the SD810 even though it performed like $hit.
Wait did not Ericsson hold all those patents?
The 620 is good CPU wise, GPU is yet to be put to test.
My moto G 1st gen is going strong still.

tkin

Back to school!!
Wait did not Ericsson hold all those patents?
The 620 is good CPU wise, GPU is yet to be put to test.
My moto G 1st gen is going strong still.
In fact LG tops the chart but they don't make chipsets, leaving qualcomm as the key player: Who owns 4G mobile technology? • The Register

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, missed this tweet:

*i.imgur.com/BZ9YHVy.jpg

*twitter.com/sandeep_karwa/status/643037496687722496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Style launch by October, price should be around 25k for 16GB IMHO.

tkin

Back to school!!
One Plus should just kick out the invite system:

Moto X Style price and release date in India: Sources hint at mid-October launch

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
And ladies and gentlemen (although I doubt any lady is present here), Moto X Style finally spotted. Imported for testing purposes 32GB XT1572 is priced at 30383.
Now as many of you might remember, the XT1562 aka Play was imported for testing purposes at 22228 (32 GB) and is now sold for 19999. So expect the Style to be in 26-27k range for 32 GB.
You all can thank me for this info now (kidding) :p

the.one

In the zone
And ladies and gentlemen (although I doubt any lady is present here), Moto X Style finally spotted. Imported for testing purposes 32GB XT1572 is priced at 30383.
Now as many of you might remember, the XT1562 aka Play was imported for testing purposes at 22228 (32 GB) and is now sold for 19999. So expect the Style to be in 26-27k range for 32 GB.
You all can thank me for this info now (kidding) :p

Thanks but it's a little too big for my taste.

Would appreciate more if you can spot the price for nexus 5x.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I got a OP2 invite but Im tempted by Moto X Play and Zenfone 2 as well
what are your opinions?
Im not starting a new thread because I dont have any particular needs etc, just want good battery and camera and maybe dev support

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I got a OP2 invite but Im tempted by Moto X Play and Zenfone 2 as well
what are your opinions?
Im not starting a new thread because I dont have any particular needs etc, just want good battery and camera and maybe dev support

+1 for Moto X

Top Bottom