MOTO G Review..!!

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
thanks a lot for your suggestion guys...will check out Greenify.
[MENTION=147449]anky[/MENTION]>> thank you for explaining how 'greenify' actually works.

moniker

Broken In
wht does greebify actually does, it prevents the apps from using data(when not opened, i.e in background) or it stops the whole process of app itself and free its space from ram?
---updated---
i just found out what it does...
The best way to describe cpu wakelocks is like this, say you(cpu) are trying to sleep but your annoying roommate(bad apps) keeps making noise not allowing you to sleep. Either kick them out(uninstall) or put duct tape(Greenify) over their mouths to shut them up so you(cpu) can sleep peacefully.
and greenify let us keep these app quite..but for non rooted phones, after screen wakes all greenified apps also wakes up, and then we manually have to force stop(greenify widget takes to that force stop location), so for non rooted phones, does greenify really works?

For non-rooted phones auto hibernation can be enabled by using Accessibility services. Reading up the Greenify thread in XDA would be helpful to understand how to go about doing it.
[APP][4.0+] Greenify v2.2 build 10 (Updated on Mar.16) - xda-developers

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
well i too got my Moto G yesterday... I found an issue that my phone is lagging the very time I connect it via USB.
did u faced the similar issue.
Also the Moto G that are shipping now are coming pre-loaded with Android Kitkat OS.

I would say that the camera quality is average,not so great.
Rest is fine for a budget fone its suffices d all.

Great work has been put forward by Motorola :)

Last edited:

rickenjus

In the zone
^^ Earlier had the same problem, later figured out that it was caused by the motorola mobility software installed on the pc, check if you have the same installed. ??

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
well i too got my Moto G yesterday... I found an issue that my phone is lagging the very time I connect it via USB.
did u faced the similar issue.
Also the Moto G that are shipping now are coming pre-loaded with Android Kitkat OS.

I would the camera quality is average,not so great.
Rest is fine for a budget fone its suffices d all.

Great work has been put forward by Motorola :)

no...i didn't face this issue...

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
For non-rooted phones auto hibernation can be enabled by using Accessibility services. Reading up the Greenify thread in XDA would be helpful to understand how to go about doing it.
[APP][4.0+] Greenify v2.2 build 10 (Updated on Mar.16) - xda-developers

thank you..i will go through that thread in XDA.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Is there an app which can act as a voice mail replacement? Say, someone calls my number...and if i do not entertain the call in 30 secs or so..the app will trigger and prompt the caller to record his/her voice msg..so that i can hear it later?

- - - Updated - - -

thank you guys for suggesting 'Greenify'...really awesome app...just wish i could use the experimental features like auto-hibernation without rooting my phone :(

Piyush

Lanaya
^^ Earlier had the same problem, later figured out that it was caused by the motorola mobility software installed on the pc, check if you have the same installed. ??

Which software are you talking about? OR its name is "motorola mobility" only?.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Also, can you please suggest me an app which can lock the folders that contain my other installed apps...say i have a folder on my home screen named 'My Apps' that houses some of my installed apps...so instead of individually locking the games, i intend to lock the folder all together, that possible?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
How can i synchronise my Facebook calendar with the google calendar.

In the calendar settings i am not being shown an option how to synchronise my Facebook account.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I just received my phone today....It's really good...much better than expected...camera is decent...display resolution is really awesome...clear and crisp display...IPS :D

Top Bottom