MOTO G Review..!!

hawkeye321

Broken In
no no...everything is working fine..!!..feeling awesome with this superb phone..!

so did you install any apk outside from the play store ie by copying the apk from pc to moto and installing? and did you clear cache after the kitkat update?

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
so did you install any apk outside from the play store ie by copying the apk from pc to moto and installing? and did you clear cache after the kitkat update?
yeah did that, and i did not clear the cache before upgrading to kitkat...and i am using dalvik..(so if u r using ART, maybe thats why u are getting problems..

hawkeye321

Broken In
yeah did that, and i did not clear the cache before upgrading to kitkat...and i am using dalvik..(so if u r using ART, maybe thats why u are getting problems..

till now i dont own a moto g...but planning to buy one...you cleared two of my doubt about the apk error and thewifi..just want to know one more thing...otu of the 16gb we get around 12.92gb..so much memory is available for app and game installation?

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
till now i dont own a moto g...but planning to buy one...you cleared two of my doubt about the apk error and thewifi..just want to know one more thing...otu of the 16gb we get around 12.92gb..so much memory is available for app and game installation?
didn't get your point completely but yes u can use that space for anything u want.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Nice review Anky...I ordered mine from Flipkart yesterday :)
will surely contact you, should I have any queries on the phone, thank you.

ankush28

Bazinga
Nice review anky
checkout my review of Moto G;) Motorola Moto G review: The new definition of budget phone - Android bqbq

- - - Updated - - -

Is OTG supported after the 4.4 Kitkat Update on MotoG ?? :)

yes Its supported!! without rooting!! you can mount storage directly from settings

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
@Anky>> finally received my phone...real nice one...glad i ordered it.
1 query-- is there any windows software like iTunes to manage apps, songs etc on the Moto G?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@Anky>> finally received my phone...real nice one...glad i ordered it.
1 query-- is there any windows software like iTunes to manage apps, songs etc on the Moto G?

There is a better one than iTunes, the default copy-paste of windows explorer. For apps, just open the play store website.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Flashtransfer app is not working with my Moto G and my friends Galaxy S2, S3, HTC One X :( Is there any similar kind of app?

ashs1

Padawan
Flashtransfer app is not working with my Moto G and my friends Galaxy S2, S3, HTC One X :( Is there any similar kind of app?

Flash Transfer ? isn't that the app from Micromax? ( Lightning symbol in a Green box ?)

You can try Software Data Cable ..Works in the Same way & less buggy. :)
( *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.damiapp.softdatacable )

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
@ashs1>> thank you for suggesting the better alternative- Software Data Cable..will try it out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Please suggest me the below 2 apps-
1. App to hide apps on my device without rooting it..available ones in playstore require your device to be rooted
2. App to record voice calls...available ones in playstore cannot record the other party's voice

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@ashs1>> thank you for suggesting the better alternative- Software Data Cable..will try it out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Please suggest me the below 2 apps-
1. App to hide apps on my device without rooting it..available ones in playstore require your device to be rooted
2. App to record voice calls...available ones in playstore cannot record the other party's voice

Try Superbeam also.

1. *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thinkyeah.smartlockfree
2. RMC Record My call worked on my old Galaxy Y.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]>> thanks for your suggestion...will try them out.

Can you pls suggest an app which can manage the startup of other apps? something like ccleaner or msconfig via which you can control the start of apps at the boot of the phone.

Last edited:
OP
anky

anky

Youngling
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]>> thanks for your suggestion...will try them out.

Can you pls suggest an app which can manage the startup of other apps? something like ccleaner or msconfig via which you can control the start of apps at the boot of the phone.

i dont think this type of app will run without rooting.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

ES taskmanager can do this. but i think it'll require root permissions for that.

moniker

Broken In
Even if the phone is rooted and the app is prevented from running at startup, it may still end up running stealthily in the background later thanks to android's crappy mechanism leading to unwanted wakelocks. It's better to just greenify such apps, even works without root now.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Even if the phone is rooted and the app is prevented from running at startup, it may still end up running stealthily in the background later thanks to android's crappy mechanism leading to unwanted wakelocks. It's better to just greenify such apps, even works without root now.
wht does greebify actually does, it prevents the apps from using data(when not opened, i.e in background) or it stops the whole process of app itself and free its space from ram?
---updated---
i just found out what it does...
The best way to describe cpu wakelocks is like this, say you(cpu) are trying to sleep but your annoying roommate(bad apps) keeps making noise not allowing you to sleep. Either kick them out(uninstall) or put duct tape(Greenify) over their mouths to shut them up so you(cpu) can sleep peacefully.
and greenify let us keep these app quite..but for non rooted phones, after screen wakes all greenified apps also wakes up, and then we manually have to force stop(greenify widget takes to that force stop location), so for non rooted phones, does greenify really works?

Last edited:
Top Bottom