But its nowhere to be found in India

Now guys :

Will i go for Moto G ?
or else please advise a better phone for a similar price point

ASAP

And when will the Moto G 4G will be available in India ?:-(

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dude, heard of USB OTG? and 2.5-3k extra just for microSD card slot is just too much. 4g is still non-existent pan india. :( get original Moto G 16 GB.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Wait for the 4G one because it may have a removable battery because 4G will suck all the battery + u get the SD card with 16gb inbuilt

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
4g?? do you think it will get mainstream now?? even 3g became mainstream just now. but 3g phones were available in the past. those who bought their phone for 3g few years ago got the seemless use of 3g just now. nothing cant be predicted though. it will take some years for 4g to become mainstream here and by that time you will be hunting for a new phone with 5g ;).

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=132710]Ironman[/MENTION]: If you can wait, the wait for 4G as it has sd card slot and may be removable battery, which are really good advantages over the existing models. But the price would be higher by INR 2500. If you don't need 4G, and willing to have a slightly inferior hardware, then have a look at Moto E.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why are people getting excited by 4g version ?

1st motorola has said nothing about India Launch..

Secondly i don't think it will even launch here at all.. simply because it will not work in India ... Airtel , Reliance , and other 4g operators are using 2300 Mhz band currently .. moto G 4g is incompatible with them . .only Reliance jiocom has licence for 1800 Mhz band.. who knows when they will launch .. This version is made for UK and USA

Moto G2 will launch around september-october which will already have 4g , so i don't think there is need of moto G 4g launch in india .. The second clue why it will not launch in india is because it is single sim..

i wouldn't wait for Moto G 4g .. if you want expandability get Lg l90 for 15k

4g?? do you think it will get mainstream now?? even 3g became mainstream just now. but 3g phones were available in the past. those who bought their phone for 3g few years ago got the seemless use of 3g just now. nothing cant be predicted though. it will take some years for 4g to become mainstream here and by that time you will be hunting for a new phone with 5g ;).

Nah 4g will become mainstream much much faster than 3g because

unlike 3g before .. the prices this time are going to be very very low.. When 3g launched the prices were way too much ..

1) airtel has already started its 4g service in few cities and the plans offered are exactly similar in Price as 3g ..
100 rs - 300 mb
250 rs - 1gb
450- 2g
999 - 10 gb

these prices are when there is no other operator in competition

2) the major Factor - The main player .. Reliance jiocom is going to launch it PAN india .. no 3g operator has a pan india licence.. so they will be able to provide 4g services even in areas where people don't have 3g .. there are cities where only 2g is available today . so they can get option of 2g or 4g..

third is their pricing they have already made very big claims like 1gb 4g Data for Rs 10 .. which we all know is impossible to achieve.. but this clearly indicates that plans are going to be much cheaper than Airtel , vodafone so a price war will start , which didn't happened at the time of 3g..

4g doesn't involve too much expenditure on operators part as compared to what 3g did. updating infrastructure is much more cheaper this time plus less licence fees..

at the time of 3g there was no Shortage of 3g hardware.. but this time 4g handsets are non existent because of difference of Bands.. western countries follows TDD lte and we follow FDD Lte ..
that is the reason , but now chip makers like Qualcomm and mediatek will release chips that will have both bands TDD and FDD lte .. So by Q3 all devices from 8-9000 Rs will launch with 4g ..

by mid of next year you can atleast expect mainstream adoption of 4g in Metro and bigger cities ..

rdx_halo

In the zone
why are people getting excited by 4g version ?

1st motorola has said nothing about India Launch..

Secondly i don't think it will even launch here at all.. simply because it will not work in India ... Airtel , Reliance , and other 4g operators are using 2300 Mhz band currently .. moto G 4g is incompatible with them . .only Reliance jiocom has licence for 1800 Mhz band.. who knows when they will launch .. This version is made for UK and USA

Moto G2 will launch around september-october which will already have 4g , so i don't think there is need of moto G 4g launch in india .. The second clue why it will not launch in india is because it is single sim..

i wouldn't wait for Moto G 4g .. if you want expandability get Lg l90 for 15k

Nah 4g will become mainstream much much faster than 3g because

unlike 3g before .. the prices this time are going to be very very low.. When 3g launched the prices were way too much ..

1) airtel has already started its 4g service in few cities and the plans offered are exactly similar in Price as 3g ..
100 rs - 300 mb
250 rs - 1gb
450- 2g
999 - 10 gb

these prices are when there is no other operator in competition

2) the major Factor - The main player .. Reliance jiocom is going to launch it PAN india .. no 3g operator has a pan india licence.. so they will be able to provide 4g services even in areas where people don't have 3g .. there are cities where only 2g is available today . so they can get option of 2g or 4g..

third is their pricing they have already made very big claims like 1gb 4g Data for Rs 10 .. which we all know is impossible to achieve.. but this clearly indicates that plans are going to be much cheaper than Airtel , vodafone so a price war will start , which didn't happened at the time of 3g..

4g doesn't involve too much expenditure on operators part as compared to what 3g did. updating infrastructure is much more cheaper this time plus less licence fees..

at the time of 3g there was no Shortage of 3g hardware.. but this time 4g handsets are non existent because of difference of Bands.. western countries follows TDD lte and we follow FDD Lte ..
that is the reason , but now chip makers like Qualcomm and mediatek will release chips that will have both bands TDD and FDD lte .. So by Q3 all devices from 8-9000 Rs will launch with 4g ..

by mid of next year you can atleast expect mainstream adoption of 4g in Metro and bigger cities ..

Moto G with 4 G will be launched in India within 4 months. > Don't ask me the source, I have friends in a certain telcom company. :cool:
The set will be compatible with 2300 Mhz band in India. :razz:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Moto G with 4 G will be launched in India within 4 months. > Don't ask me the source, I have friends in a certain telcom company. :cool:
The set will be compatible with 2300 Mhz band in India. :razz:

The current Moto G 4g is incompatibile with 2300 Mhz band.. As the chip Msm 8926 does not support 2300 mhz..

in 4 months ? :shock: he must be talking about Moto G 2 .. which i have already mentioned above and few times before that it will have 4g by default..

OP is not asking about Moto G2 , he was asking about already announced 4g with memory expandibilty..

which like i have said i suspect it won't see a launch here at all..

OP
Ironman

Ironman

In the zone
The current Moto G 4g is incompatibile with 2300 Mhz band.. As the chip Msm 8926 does not support 2300 mhz..

in 4 months ? :shock: he must be talking about Moto G 2 .. which i have already mentioned above and few times before that it will have 4g by default..

OP is not asking about Moto G2 , he was asking about already announced 4g with memory expandibilty..

which like i have said i suspect it won't see a launch here at all..

Are those 2 the same thing ?

Top Bottom