Moto E 4G (2015) vs Moto G (2013)

Techguy

In the zone
Narrowed the decision down to 2 phones.

Moto E 4G (2015) - 8k
Moto G (2013) - 9k

Which one should I buy?
Dev support (moto g) would be nice, decent camera with flash; but the moto e has better battery life.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Under 10k, I would go for the Yuphoria.
And If I wanted to buy a motorola, MOTO G 2014 would be a slightly better choice than G 2013

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Under 10k, I would go for the Yuphoria.
And If I wanted to buy a motorola, MOTO G 2014 would be a slightly better choice than G 2013

Read that CM isn't really stable on the Yuphoria right now. Battery life and audio output are bad. Also, the Yuphoria is a big phone: something I don't want.

The Moto G2 is big :-x

So:
Moto E 4G (2015) vs Moto G (2013) ?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Read that CM isn't really stable on the Yuphoria right now. Battery life and audio output are bad. Also, the Yuphoria is a big phone: something I don't want.

The Moto G2 is big :-x

So:
Moto E 4G (2015) vs Moto G (2013) ?

Moto E 4G then, it's a decent phone.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Moto E 4G then, it's a decent phone.

Okay, set aside the camera differences for now.

Is the display resolution difference a deal breaker?
The MotoE is ~245ppi vs the 326ppi on the MotoG
Have you seen them side by side, or know anyone who has?

mitraark

Decrepit
Okay, set aside the camera differences for now.

Is the display resolution difference a deal breaker?
The MotoE is ~245ppi vs the 326ppi on the MotoG
Have you seen them side by side, or know anyone who has?

I honestly didn't know the Moto G had 720p resolution, the phone is small :| 4.5"

Anyway, i've seen both phones first hand and there's no discernible difference in the screen quality, certainly not of any deal breaker level. Moto E is probably going to give better battery life for it's lower resolution and 2390 mah battery.

If you don't mind I'd also suggest the Yuphoria, 2 GB of RAM makes a lot of difference, 1 GB of RAM just doesn't cut it anymore if you want a smooth experience.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
I honestly didn't know the Moto G had 720p resolution, the phone is small :| 4.5"

Anyway, i've seen both phones first hand and there's no discernible difference in the screen quality, certainly not of any deal breaker level. Moto E is probably going to give better battery life for it's lower resolution and 2390 mah battery.

If you don't mind I'd also suggest the Yuphoria, 2 GB of RAM makes a lot of difference, 1 GB of RAM just doesn't cut it anymore if you want a smooth experience.

The Yuphoria is too big.

mitraark

Decrepit
The Yuphoria is 13mm longer and 7mm wider, but at the same time 2.3 mm slimmer, compared to Moto G 1. I'd say the scaled are pretty much balanced.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
The Yuphoria is 13mm longer and 7mm wider, but at the same time 2.3 mm slimmer, compared to Moto G 1. I'd say the scaled are pretty much balanced.

Thickness is no issue for me. I don't mind thick phones at all; dunno what's the obsession with making them so slim anyway.

Was comparing dimensions. The Yuphoria is big for a 5" device. It's a bit shorter than the 1+1, which I find too big.
Difference in height between Yuphoria & E2 is a little less than the Yuphoria and 1+1. The Yuphoria and 1+1 are much wider though.

ankushv

Journeyman
I have moto g (2013) and previous moto e . If you want 4g go for moto e 4g . If 4g not important then go for moto g . Great screen , good battery life , stable cm12.1 support and solid built .

Top Bottom