Moto E 2nd Gen announced

$hadow

Geek in making
It turns out that the rumors were spot on, Motorola’s new handset is indeed a 4G LTE version of its popular Moto E smartphone, but that isn’t the only improvement made to Motorola’s low cost offering.

As well as faster data speeds in a budget package, the second generation Moto E moves up from a dual-core to 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processing package. Internal memory has also been improved from 4GB to 8GB and the display is now also a tad larger at 4.5-inches, rather than 4.3-inches. However, the display’s resolution remains the same at 960 x 540 (qHD) resolution.

As for data connectivity, the handset will work on the following network bands:

GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
4G LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17)
For software, the new Moto E comes with Android 5.0 pre-installed, which mostly resembles a stock Android experience. Motorola has also seen it fit to make a few cosmetic changes to the handset, although the general appearance remains mostly the same. The phone now only has one silver bar for the earpiece, dropping the one at the microphone, and the microSD and SIM card slots can now be access by removing a side panel rather than the rear cover.

The second generation Moto E is listed on the Motorola website with a retail price of $149.99, but prices will apparently start from just $119.99, according to the video below. The handset is available in black or white color options.

Source: 2nd gen Moto E comes with 4G LTE and a quad-core CPU

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
so the Moto E 2 is actually a Moto G 1 LTE except for display and a few more things
might as well get Moto G2 for the 2k more

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Moto g 3rd gen will be a lot interesting from my point of view. I am going in for a SD600 series processor since moto e now has SD 410

saswat23

Human Spambot
Android One seems to be a better option for 4.8k than the 3G model.
For the LTE model, Lenovo A6000 and Yu Yureka wont let it survive.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Android One seems to be a better option for 4.8k than the 3G model.
For the LTE model, Lenovo A6000 and Yu Yureka wont let it survive.

^those models (arguably) lack proper quality and after sales imho
sure the specs are much better but for a customer like me who wants an all-rounder(good performance and after sales),the Moto is a better option (though im no fan of the phones in this range as such and like midrangers around 20-25k and prefer windows phones but its a different story)
still Moto has brought back its image again and hopefully despite the slightly higher price tag,itll help competition and might even get a price drop making it vfm

Minion

Conversation Architect
Overpriced for what it offers.Both redmi 1S and Lenovo A6000 are better than this.

Moto failed me with Moto E.They promised to provide lollipop update for moto E till now no android lollipop and i know they will delay it further till they starts selling moto E 2nd Gen in India.Get hands on my uncles Redmi 1S though it doesn't looks good but i am impressed by features it offers for 6k :-x should have waited for redmi.

Not to mention moto phones are hard to root and once you root you loose warranty so from now on no moto phones from me.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Moto failed me with Moto E.They promised to provide lollipop update for moto E till now no android lollipop and i know they will delay it further till they starts selling moto E 2nd Gen in India.

*i.imgur.com/l9ahFwC.jpg*i.imgur.com/jzrKmqS.jpg

my friend got it today.

saswat23

Human Spambot
^those models (arguably) lack proper quality and after sales imho
sure the specs are much better but for a customer like me who wants an all-rounder(good performance and after sales),the Moto is a better option (though im no fan of the phones in this range as such and like midrangers around 20-25k and prefer windows phones but its a different story)
still Moto has brought back its image again and hopefully despite the slightly higher price tag,itll help competition and might even get a price drop making it vfm

When everyone these days is changing his/her phone every 2-3 years, specifications matter more. Sacrificing a bit on the quality wont really matter when you have competitors offering better specs at lower price.
Motorola made its name with its 1st gen. phones which were indeed great VFM then. Now offering almost the similar specs at higher price wont really help 'em for sure.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
When everyone these days is changing his/her phone every 2-3 years, specifications matter more. Sacrificing a bit on the quality wont really matter when you have competitors offering better specs at lower price.
Motorola made its name with its 1st gen. phones which were indeed great VFM then. Now offering almost the similar specs at higher price wont really help 'em for sure.

but what if the phone doesnt have the level of quality and after sales to last over a year also? reliability matters more,its a phone not a toy ,its part of our lives now
im not defending Moto but their quality is still worth the extra bit over other companies

saswat23

Human Spambot
but what if the phone doesnt have the level of quality and after sales to last over a year also? reliability matters more,its a phone not a toy ,its part of our lives now
im not defending Moto but their quality is still worth the extra bit over other companies

Yes, ASS matters a lot. But even Moto service sucks in my area. Took them 9 days just to fix the ROM of MOTO E. My friend provided 'em his MOTO E without any scratches on back panel as he was using a back cover, but they handed him one with some scratches saying your cover couldnt be 100% scratchproof, it must have had some scratches. I mean WTH is this? How can they say such an idiotic thing?
Anyways, its completely an individual's choice. Lets see how many opt for the new Moto. But its for sure the demand will go down.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yes, ASS matters a lot. But even Moto service sucks in my area. Took them 9 days just to fix the ROM of MOTO E. My friend provided 'em his MOTO E without any scratches on back panel as he was using a back cover, but they handed him one with some scratches saying your cover couldnt be 100% scratchproof, it must have had some scratches. I mean WTH is this? How can they say such an idiotic thing?
Anyways, its completely an individual's choice. Lets see how many opt for the new Moto. But its for sure the demand will go down.

yeah
these things will happen in every service centre
sadly in India,NO company seems to be taking pains to improve quality of service
a few brands where ive had good service are- WD,Dell,Sony,Nokia
have had extremely poor experiences with Samsung(multiple times with various appliances),Blackberry(2-3 times,and once they even asked me to shell out 13k to repair my 19k Bold 5)
btw if you ever have issues with after sales ,try akosha.com ,ive used it 2 times(once with makemytrip and once with HP),for 400 bucks they resolved my issue regarding service
I hope more companies try and take efforts to set up their own service centres in India instead of outsourcing it to other agencies who are giving them a bad name

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
In India I only like the service provided by IFB in terms of electronics. But in mobile there is hardly great service feedback that I have seen. BTW Moto e started receiving lollipop.

Top Bottom