moto defy red lens

rohit18rs

Journeyman
guys, i am buying a new moto defy this diwali.. but i want a new defy with red lens camera.. can any one tell me where i can find one.. gud if available online

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
no chance of getting available online... u have only chance if u can find one that is made in this year and not after april/may, ie 1st quarter and early of 2nd quarter, unless u have contacts to check the phone before buy. A picture taken from red lens (bayer module) has size over 1mb, a SOC module(green) camera produces with smaller size.

Soumik

Padawan
search in local shops (with ppl u know) and manually search the devices for them... thats the only way to determine if the device has a red lens or not. The lens maker is no where mentioned in the specs or box. The manufacturing date should be a good guideline by which u can narrow your search.

lll_aritra_lll

you can go with. I am adding a pic taken by my green lens, check yourself
Taken at night...
*www.freeimagehosting.net/t/7e48d.jpg

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Image quality with red lens is slightly better than the green lens. But the differenciating factor is that the red one can do 720p video recording while the green lens cant. Now if that's a deciding factor for the user... its a negative. Personally, i havent even used normal video recording with my red lens. So, it doesnt matter. :)

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
well the pic sample from green lens was satisfactory... i don't know why people complain about defy green lens so much ... i am going to buy defy on this diwali .. now i do not have any doubts about it ... with so much custom modification avalaible with it... defy is the best in range...
thanks to all guys for helping me :).. specially for providing the sample pic

lll_aritra_lll

you are most welcome rohit, even though one thing to mention, that that the color is little faded out in stock camera.. and is less bright. I use magic camera app, and i take pic in enhanced mood. it was taken in that mood.

Just keep one thing in mind, that its android, and u r not left out with what u got, u have lots of options, so u can live without using your stock cam, there are plenty of apps in market

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
so which android app can be used to get a good picture quality from defy ... and also does cynogenmod gives better performance than stock firmware :)

lll_aritra_lll

I installed cm7 few hours ago.. still checking.. magic camera is a free camera app with loads of options. it has little bit issues, needed to force close a few times, but still its great

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
So its basically the software of defy which causes bad performance of camera.. am I right ? .. and does the android market app give better improvement in pictures

lll_aritra_lll

not the whole, but it can be improved using softwares and fixes.. but it matters on hardware mostly.. so if you want to use it for photography.. forget about it, if you wanna carry a cam while you go.. its good.. you have seen the sample

Top Bottom