Motherboard with internal USB 3.0 connector

ubunturocks

Broken In
I am planing to buy a sandy bridge i3 2100, I am also planning to buy a motherboard having USB 3.0 internal connector so I can have USB 3.0 on front side of a cabinet.

There are many motherboards having USB 3.0 at back, but I found Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3 motherboard with internal connector. I have a few of questions:

1. Motherboard with P67 chipset does not give any output to monitor there is no discrete graphics card on motherboard even if processor has integrated graphics. Is it true?

2. Is there any other sandy bridge compatible motherboard with USB 3.0 internal connector? And what’s price in Indian rupees?

3. How is the performance of Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3?

Cilus

laborare est orare
None of the motherboards created for Sandybridge processor does have IGP.

1. Yes, you're absolutely correct; P67 does not provide any Display output. Now the thing is they are actually designed for K series processors like i5 2500K or i7 2600K, for overclocking them. So plugging non-K series like i3 2100 or i5 2500 in a P67 is a bad idea; neither it will allow you to any overclcoking, neither it let you use the IGP of the CPU.

For USB 3.0 connector, I guess you have to opt for a Z68 based mobo. The cheaper ones with good build quality is available arounds 8K.

S_V

In the zone
@ubunturocks

Question is ..Does your cabinet support front USB 3 port? Some Deluxe Boards especially from ASUS comes with Front USB 3.0 I/O module. so That you can place in one of the 5.25" Bays even if your Cabinet does not support USB 3.0 Ports... But They are costlier boards.

Regarding Motherboard... That mobo is fine but beware, Many Gigabyte P and Z series Boards are having Boot Loop Issues compared to other Brands...

008Rohit

Broken In
1. Yes
2. ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 -Comes with PCIe 3.0 slots too. Don't know its local price.
3. Performance of your PC doesn't really depend on the motherboard.

@ Cilius

Its useless for non-K series processors, but not "BAD" in any way. They still allow you to change the FSB (slightly) or o/c the iGPU. Plus, Ivy Bridge support is guaranteed.

008Rohit

Broken In
Is it not available in India?

I can't guarantee about the local availability of the products I suggest. :p Sorry for that.

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
Is it not available in India?

I can't guarantee about the local availability of the products I suggest. :p Sorry for that.

Asrock is not available in India. Even they're not interested in India. A member tried very hard to get asrock mb in India but he failed. So Don't Suggest Asrock. :)

OP
U

ubunturocks

Broken In
@ubunturocks

Question is ..Does your cabinet support front USB 3 port? Some Deluxe Boards especially from ASUS comes with Front USB 3.0 I/O module. so That you can place in one of the 5.25" Bays even if your Cabinet does not support USB 3.0 Ports... But They are costlier boards.

I will be buying new cabinet. But does it require special provision for having USB 3.0 in front? because i thought we just need a cable that connects on the internal USB 3.0 header on MoBo and another end fits into the empty slot on front side provided for USB.

Is it correct? If not please suggest a cabinet having USB 3.0 compatibility.

S_V

In the zone
@d6bmg

One of my Cousin is using ASROCK AMD chipset mobo... I must say it's one heck of a mobo.. Superb performer . We got in ARUN computers ,CTC, secunderabad (HYD)..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@d6bmg

One of my Cousin is using ASROCK AMD chipset mobo... I must say it's one heck of a mobo.. Superb performer . We got in ARUN computers ,CTC, secunderabad (HYD)..

I think that 'Arun Computers' is one of the great shops at your place. ;)
Now consider the situation, even if one gets an Asrock motherboard, where will he/she go when it will require RMA?? (as the official distributor part of AsRock is very much confusing)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^hey i guess some days before a guy asked about the asrock distributor in india and he got the reply but i don't remember the name of the distributor.just search for the thread you will get it.

S_V

In the zone
I will be buying new cabinet. But does it require special provision for having USB 3.0 in front? because i thought we just need a cable that connects on the internal USB 3.0 header on MoBo and another end fits into the empty slot on front side provided for USB.

Is it correct? If not please suggest a cabinet having USB 3.0 compatibility.

Yes, The cabinet should also support for USB 3.0 ports. The internal connectors which run from Front port to mobo connectors are different than standard connectors. so look out for specifications before you buy any cabinet. Also like you said... I don't think you can get that cables anywhere in India. Those type of cables will only comes with cabinet supports USB 3.0.
What's your Budget? Corsair Carbide series do support USB 3 and costing around 5000.. Almost High End cabinets do support USB 3.........

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^hey i guess some days before a guy asked about the asrock distributor in india and he got the reply but i don't remember the name of the distributor.just search for the thread you will get it.

Yes, I know. Their present distributor is Jupiter International, Kolkata. But when I have contacted them 2 weeks ago, they told me that they don't have many models in their stock and not even a single high end model of AsRock motherboards. This sucks.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
The board i'm planning to buy doesnot have a USB3 header on it and i have Carbide 400R (with front USB3 ports). Even after buying a board for 6k i can't use my front USB3 ports. To use the front ports i have to either buy a costlier mobo with USB3 header or spend 2-3k to get a pci card with a 20 pin usb3 header :lol:

EDIT: This Gigabyte board has USB3 header :

*www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3782#ov

Last edited:
Top Bottom