Motherboard VGA and Graphics Card will still perform?

ajeeshys

Journeyman
my mother board is asus P8H77-V
I RECENTLY BOUGHT SAPPHIRE R9 290 TRI X

the prob is my display has VGA connecter

So is it possible to connect my display to motherboard vga and still use the graphics card?
through bios options? i don know.
WP_20140325_20_00_47_Pro[1].jpg
and what is UEFI
i noted
UEFI on my motherboard and graphic card.. i googled n could get wats practical usage.. someone there to explain n solve my isssue?

Last edited:
Which monitor you have ? if you know what is HDMI cable then you can use it to connect your GPU with your monitor .. there is no way to cennect your Mobo with GPU with the monitor .. you can also use a VGA to DVI convertor .

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
i am having acer 900p
only VGA
VGA to DVI-D single link is needed. but it is not available locally in shops,chennai

i ve ordered one from amazon. u know they deliver always late...

JINALI DVI Male To VGA Female Adapter: Amazon.in: Electronics

- - - Updated - - -

Guys kindly look into the picture I posted... Forget uefi...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that adapter also won't work.there is no cheap/simple way to convert digital to analog or analog to digital.these so called dvi-vga adapter depends on dvi with analog signal type(there are many types of dvi) which carries both digital & analog signal & known as DVI-I.these adapters simply filters/removes the digital signal & pass the analog signal to vga port.your mobo has DVI-D('D' stands for digital meaning dvi with only digital signal output) so such adapters won't work.frankly speaking having a monitor with only vga input with a R9 290 TRI X is like having an iphone 5s with a cheap local Rs.100 mobile cover.

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
this is so sad.. :)
so i ve spend more for a 1080p atleast.. ?
if lucid too fails..

viewsonic ok?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
most recommended monitors here are dell s2240l & aoc-i2369 vm or fh models for picture quality & these are ips or va panel monitors.for gaming response time is the primary concern & picture quality is 2nd so many prefer TN panels(though a good ips or va panel should be enough for most gamers except some serious hardcore gamers) but in any case i have not read much good things about viewsonic here.

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
samsung given vga cable. it has vga n dvi
but it dont ve hdmi port

whereas sapphire given hdmi cable

and searched everyshop. finally ordered it thru online.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you bought a 22" 1080p screen with no hdmi port when dell s2240l sells for ~8.5k & comes with hdmi port?i hope you got this monitor pretty cheap.

[MENTION=96231]ajeeshys[/MENTION]

Where do you live in chennai??

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
:lol: must have been the shopkeeper's selection :lol:

Shiva

OP
A

ajeeshys

Journeyman
i bout it from a local shop tambaram
i was in an urgency to finish an animation work
so didnt cared much which was my stupidity

now i ve installed the card
thief 4 hs mantle? is there anything i need to do to use mantle?
also cpu temperature seems higher than past (using with quadro fx usually maxi 38) now rises to 41
is this normal cpu works more for higher cards?

Top Bottom