Motherboard soundcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny_geo

Broken In
The new motherboards having intel 925 and 915 chipsets come with onboard 7.1 channel surround sound support.

I bought a Creative Inspire 5200, 5.1 speakers, I want a sound card for that.

Is the onboard soundcard equal in performance and effects compared to a creative soundblaster live 5.1 ? Shoud I buy that extra?

Also, since the onboard souncard is 7.1, can I buy a pair of speakers also and attach them along with the creative speakers and make a 7.1 system? Does it work out, pls tell me.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Hmmm nice Question....anyway System giving out 7.1 Output means that there is facility for 6 speakers and one Subwoofer....like wise 5.1 means that 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer can be set up...and then it does give Surround effect ...but then does it mean it give a better sound quality...A Big NOOO !!!
A Dedicated sound card like creative will definatly give a lot better sound than the onboard version...even though its just 5.1 because of the better quality Sound Processing chip...Its like comparing Frontech 5.1 and comparing it too Altec Lansing 2.1...the latter is always going to beat frontech because of the simple thing Quality...
See this solves it pretty much..doesn't it ...!
:p

theraven

Technomancer
@freashseason im sorry to burst ur bubble m8
but 7.1 means 7 plus subwoofer
and 5.1 means 5 plus subwoofer
think abt it ... according to what u said then 2.1 would mean 1 speaker and a subwoofer ;)
the ".1" indicated the subwoofer .. the precedin number indiacates the number of channels aoart from the sub

@danny onboard cannot compare to creative audigy series
if u got the money and are an audiophile get creative
otherwise the onboard is good enuff
and NO u cannot just add speakers and make ikt a 7.1 setup
u have to buy 7.1 speakers separately

G

gxsaurav

Performance wise the 915 is still lower then Audigy 2 ZS, basically 5.1 is enough for Human ears, at least I find that, I haven't seen a much better audio quality with 7.1 or Hercules Fortismo

suave_guy

pedal to metal
freshseasons said:
Hmmm nice Question....anyway System giving out 7.1 Output means that there is facility for 6 speakers and one Subwoofer....like wise 5.1 means that 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer can be set up...
theraven said:
think abt it ... according to what u said then 2.1 would mean 1 speaker and a subwoofer
the ".1" indicated the subwoofer .. the precedin number indiacates the number of channels aoart from the sub
freshseasons said:
Never make a mistake twice
You will end up being pretty perfect
I guess ur pretty perfect now.... ;)
well that's the beauty of a forum, everyone is corrected and gains right knowledge.... :)

@danny_geo, considering that u've bought creative inspire 5200, i think ur onboard soundcard is well enough for these speakers. Audigy/audigy2 series is recommended for higher segment speakers like creative megaworks and gigaworks resp.
and as my good frnd theraven said, u cannot connect separate pairs of speakers directly to the soundcard, coz u need to amplify them before using them....

Enjoy :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
suave_guy said:
freshseasons said:
Hmmm nice Question....anyway System giving out 7.1 Output means that there is facility for 6 speakers and one Subwoofer....like wise 5.1 means that 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer can be set up...
theraven said:
think abt it ... according to what u said then 2.1 would mean 1 speaker and a subwoofer
freshseasons said:
Never make a mistake twice
You will end up being pretty perfect
I guess ur pretty perfect now.... ;)
well that's the beauty of a forum, everyone is corrected and gains right knowledge.... :)

OHHHH MYYYY GODDDD!!!! WOULD I BELIEVE THIS... Man just now i counted the speakers in my room ( i got 5.1) and yes i was totally WRONG There indeed are 5 speakers and one subwoofer :p Actually i missed up on the Speaker ( CENTRE ) on my monitor....just was gazing the walls stupidly and counting ...!!!
theraven wrote:
And theraven was i running some kind of Scheme or Scam or scandal or some funky Scheme that you burst my bubble....!!!!! :twisted:
Cheers and Peace...

theraven

Technomancer
lol @fresh
no dude thats just a sayin of sorts
i just meant that im sorry to have to correct u
i didnt mean anything disrespectful by it ... i hope u understand the saying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom