Motherboard for Pentium 4 2.4ghz

pritamonline

Broken In
Hi Friends, recently my desktop's motherboard got damaged and the Hardware vendor said i'll need to replace motherboard.

It has Pentium 4 2.4ghz processor, 1GB Ram (which are still good). Could you please suggest a motherboard which i can use with this processor.

This machine will be used solely for gaming purpose only. Kids used to play games like mortal kombat, mario, dave, NFS2, NFS underground, NFS7.

I don't wish to purchase additional graphics card.

So please suggest a motherboard which will have good onboard graphics that would support NFS games.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The worst thing is that these mobos have reached End Of life. The LGA 775 socket isnt produced by Intel anymore.

Suggest you to get a full upgrade. Even AMD will release a new line of processors very soon :)

I just dont feel its worth investing in these old mobos and processors anymore

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think G31/G33 & even G41/.... will support pentium4 but most likely the ram in use is DDR1 & not supported by majority of these boards. if this is the case, going for a new processor + motherboard + ram will be a better option. and for casual gaming, 6-7k is all one need to spend for it.

OP
pritamonline

pritamonline

Broken In
Thank you guys for your replies.

A guy from this forum has sent me a private message stating...
"I have a intel DG35EC motherboard, which can be used for your Pentium 4 processor. The board has intel GMA X3500 onboard and this can run even NEED for Speed carbon at 1024x768 resolution at medium settings."

I hv asked him for his details & expected price.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@pritamonline: availability will be rare..I myself used I845GV chipset mobo for P4 2.4 proccy... u can search for Gigabyte mobo or MSI

but I dont knw the price,u will get them

Cilus

laborare est orare
There are different models of P4 processors and from Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, we simply can't tell you it belongs to which family and which motherboard can be paired with it. We need the exact model number.

For this download CPU-Z from here. Then run it and check the CPU tab. You will get detail information.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thank you guys for your replies.

A guy from this forum has sent me a private message stating...
"I have a intel DG35EC motherboard, which can be used for your Pentium 4 processor. The board has intel GMA X3500 onboard and this can run even NEED for Speed carbon at 1024x768 resolution at medium settings."

I hv asked him for his details & expected price.

it uses DDR2 ram which you "may" need to purchase also. & with the current memory pricing, its best to get a DDR3 compatible board with a DDR3 ram & an entry level Athlon II X2/X3 processor.

DDR2 price has gone up a lot & its seriously not worth it. then again compatibility of processor comes into consideration.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sam, let him confirm what kind of Pentium 4 model he is using first, then we can suggest. Otherwise I don't think our suggestions, based on only assumtion, will confuse the OP only.

Top Bottom