Motherboard for i5 6500/6600

sagar09

Broken In
Hello guys.

Pondering over building a new PC with i5 6500 or i5 6600 processor.What will be a good ATX motherboard within 10,000/- to 11000/- Rs (preferably from Gigabyte or Asus). I want these things in my final cabinet :

i) 8 usb ports (4 usb 3.0 or more and rest usb 2.0),

ii) 6 SATA Ports with 4 ports @ 6 Gbps

ii) Motherboard should be supporting intel processor's integrated graphics.

iii) Atleast 32 GB memory support in dual channel for DDR4.

I live in kolkata so any shop where I can buy it cheaper?

Thanks for the help in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Look for these :

Asus Z170-P D3 @ ~11.5k / ASUS H170 PRO Gaming @ ~12k / Asus H170-PLUS-D3 @ ~9.5k

and this one may be ultra sexier looking motherboard priced around ~10.5k - Asrock Fatal1ty H170 Performance
ASRock > Fatal1ty H170 Performance

available here :
Buy Online | ASRock H170 Performance Motherboard | Price in India

OP
S

sagar09

Broken In
Guys,I want 8 USB ports to use externally in my cabinet. Which motherboard is going to give me that?Also,it should be a DDR4 compatible motherboard as my processor probably will be Skylake i5 6500/6600. Thanks for the guidance anyways.

One question : What is internal USB and what purpose does it serve?

P.S. I would prefer an Asus/Gigabyte recommendation.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys,I want 8 USB ports to use externally in my cabinet. Which motherboard is going to give me that?Also,it should be a DDR4 compatible motherboard as my processor probably will be Skylake i5 6500/6600. Thanks for the guidance anyways.

One question : What is internal USB and what purpose does it serve?

P.S. I would prefer an Asus/Gigabyte recommendation.

Asus H170 Pro -11000. You will get total 7 USB ports via motherboard back ports and cabinet front panel headers. If you need more you will need to extend your budget. This motherboard will get 2xUSB 2.0/2xUSB 3.0/1xUSB 3.1 & 1xUSB 3.0 front panel header which connects to two USB 3.0 Ports.

Internal USB ports are of two types. USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports where you can connect to the cabinet front panel USB ports via USB 2.0/3.0 headers on the motherboard.

OP
S

sagar09

Broken In
Asus H170 Pro -11000. You will get total 7 USB ports via motherboard back ports and cabinet front panel headers. If you need more you will need to extend your budget. This motherboard will get 2xUSB 2.0/2xUSB 3.0/1xUSB 3.1 & 1xUSB 3.0 front panel header which connects to two USB 3.0 Ports.

Internal USB ports are of two types. USB 2.0 & USB 3.0 ports where you can connect to the cabinet front panel USB ports via USB 2.0/3.0 headers on the motherboard.

Thanks for the reply. USB 3.1 ports are backward compatible? i.e.,Do they support USB 2.0 and lower sticks?

Top Bottom