Motherboard for AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition

OP
Jokumar

Jokumar

Broken In
Happens ( Read about it on a hardware magazine / review website ) but I did not see it ever until recently. Fitted a deepcool gamaxx 200 on a pc powered by core i5 but the damn thing just came out of it's mounting ( 2 legs ). Now I don't know why but can't fit any intel type coolers on that motherboard - mounting holes and every other things looks perfect but still it won't fit. Only solution I presume is to use a cooler which can be bolted on the motherboard like cm hyper 103 / antec a40.

anyway, coming to the topic - sometimes when I tried un-mounting an amd cooler the damn thing also takes out the cpu with it - the bondng between amd cooler and cpu is that much ( used deepcool z5 ) as amd did not provide any bracket / locking mechanism for extra safety of the cpu. So I guessed op must have faced similar situation.

indeed you are right some times back the mechanic removed the Processor for pasting heat sink compound. I don't know whether he fitted rightly

chetansha

In the zone
Hi,

I need a fan, as the fan which came with the processor making too much noise which is unbearable. The fan changes speed automatically.

Thanks in advance
The fan changes speeds if the temp raises. Check temp settings in bios.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

OP
Jokumar

Jokumar

Broken In
ok, will check it.
meanwhile i need a fan which is too noisy and working too long on the system feels like sitting beside Owen.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
cpu cooler fan or cabinet fan ?? I lost track here. Please mention your complete pc specs specially the cabinet and cpu cooler you are using ?

OP
Jokumar

Jokumar

Broken In
cpu cooler fan or cabinet fan ?? I lost track here. Please mention your complete pc specs specially the cabinet and cpu cooler you are using ?
Cooler master cabinet, I'm using the CPU cooler fan which came along with the processor
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used Cm hyper TX3 on 955BE before. As this is not available now you can go for better one ie Cooler Master Hyper H410R.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Upon calling they said they don't have in stock n not sure about when it'll be available.
The mobo you quoted doesn't have VGA/ HDMI output.
exactly. ..this is the problem of AMD BOARDS..they make us bound to buy graphics card.

tht is why i bought Asus board for amd with vga port..so tht i can get display at least.

ASUS M5A78LM PLUS..AM3 Socket
with vga port..studded with 955 be in my computer...around 4k.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
you dont have much of a choice here as the availability of these older boards is rather limited-so you will have to make do with whatever you're getting in the market right now.

there's a pricier model of this board that features 4 slots,but seems to be out of stock at the moment at vedant and elsewhere-you could try asking around for it at your local shops and if you are lucky you may find it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this board is also discontinued now...is there any other similar board with legacy/uefi option bios with DDR3 RAM socket and IGP?

If you are open to buy from aliexpress then you can have wider choice. For shipping method do select ali express standard shipping as option for faster delivery.

Adibaba

Broken In
Thank you,
Is this the correct one
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Hyper-H410R-RR-H410-20PK-R1/dp/B0784FZT8H
Were you able to fit the cpu cooler successfully. I am having issues with fitting the cpu cooler. Which one did you go for??
I tried the antec a400 and cm hyper 212 both didn't fit. I have a x4 955 phenom and m4a88tm asus mobo.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

Adibaba

Broken In
Used Cm hyper TX3 on 955BE before. As this is not available now you can go for better one ie Cooler Master Hyper H410R.
I am having issue with fitting a400 antec or the cm hyper 212 on the m4a88tm asus mobo for phenom x4 955 be.
Has that ever occurred for you ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am having issue with fitting a400 antec or the cm hyper 212 on the m4a88tm asus mobo for phenom x4 955 be.
Has that ever occurred for you ??
what exactly is the issue? pics would be helpful.

Adibaba

Broken In
what exactly is the issue? pics would be helpful.
I had ordered cm hyper 212 and the antec a400 for phenom x4 955, mobo: M4A88TD-M/USB3.
Both are not fitting.
Amd provides the clip on feature of cpu cooler but i find that both the cpu coolers clips are shorter in size !!

Top Bottom