Motherboard for AMD FX 4300

toxictaz

Broken In
Hi,
I built my PC way back in 2014. I used an AMD FX 4300 processor and GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2PT motherboard. Last week the motherboard died after showing signs of its end for the past few months. The system turns on but there is no display. I have checked all the other components including RAM, PSU, Graphics card, HDD and they seem to be working fine.

I would like to know which motherboard can I use for AMD FX 4300. I can't seem to find any AM3+ boards anywhere online or offline. Or would I have to replace both the cpu and mobo?

I use the machine for mostly office work and occasional light gaming.

Thanks.

toshar

New to this forum
Hi,
I built my PC way back in 2014. I used an AMD FX 4300 processor and GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2PT motherboard. Last week the motherboard died after showing signs of its end for the past few months. The system turns on but there is no display. I have checked all the other components including RAM, PSU, Graphics card, HDD and they seem to be working fine.

I would like to know which motherboard can I use for AMD FX 4300. I can't seem to find any AM3+ boards anywhere online or offline. Or would I have to replace both the cpu and mobo?

Thanks.
I am in the same boat.
Have FX6300 with a Burnt GA 970A DS3P. Unable to find replacement board. What to do?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Thanks.

Try olx or FB marketplace .. there you shall find compatible motherboard .. any AMD 7xx and 9xx series boards are compatible with your processor.

Top Bottom