motherboard for AMD 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhayu

Broken In
Hi all,

I am going to assemble an AMD mechine for my cousin.
there fore i require some suggestions .
i have decided to use AMD 64, 3000+ 3200+.

so i ask u r help to buy a decent mb.
It should not be more than 6k-7k.

if i choose asrock which one is the best within this range ?

thankx,
subhayu

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hey Subhayu, First of all this has been posted in the wrong section. Be more careful next time...

Hmmm...You havent specified the needs for which u are configuring ur PC. Anyways, its good to know that you have decided to go in for an AMD based system. AMD 64 bit processors are "the" things to go for looking at todays scenario....

OK, Coming to ur question, for AMD there are 2 options...You either go i for a 754 pin mobo (outdated)...Or else you invest in a 939 pin mobo (future proof atleast for the next 3 years)..

I will give u the options available for 939 pin mobos:

1. ASUS A-8NE (No on board grafix...Costly...But overclocking possible)

2. MSI RS 482-IL ( Decent ATI on board grafix solution...Very reasonably priced....No overclocking possible.)

3. Asrock 939 Dual mobo...I think thats what it is called..

4. Other lesser known boards like winfast etc...

In my opinion you can go in for the ASUS board but then u will HAVE TO think of an external grafix card which can add an additional hole in ur pocket......
ELSE the best bet for AMD based system is MSI....Although it doesnt allow over clocking, the board gives rock solid performance...The on board grafix solution is decent enough..I play resource hogging games like FEAR on my system with absolutely no problems...

So in my choice....Look for da best...Leave back the rest....And the best is ......MSI RS 482 IL

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
since ur budget is 7k

i suggest goin for the winfast nf4kmc(939 pin) based on the nforce4 chipset
just search for it

it comes for 4k

and addin a geforce 6200 on it (costs abt 3.5k)
can easily beat the MSI-rs480m2-il in terms of performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom