Motherboard drivers

diginovice

Broken In
I have Gigabyte motherboard which has official drivers upto Windows 7 only. Can I get third party win 10/11 drivers for the motherboard?

chetansha

In the zone
I am using similar board (asus m5a88-m) with win 10, it updates drivers from net automatically.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

OP
D

diginovice

Broken In
I am using similar board (asus m5a88-m) with win 10, it updates drivers from net automatically.

My motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-880GM-UD2H (Socket M2) has official driver version for Win 7 and no official version for the later win OS's. Going through Gigabyte site will reveal this. So, I would like to know if there are any third party driver for it for Win 10.

chetansha

In the zone
There are no 3rd party drivers. Only manufacturer drivers. Even gigabyte will have drivers curated from manufacturer only
So if you install windows 10, all drivers will be installed by microsoft , if any driver is not found, then you will have to search for the same.on the components manufacturer webiste
Amd vga driver on amd website *www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-8-series-chipsets/880g

mitraark

Decrepit
Try using apps such as Driver Booster (or CCLeaner) which automatically searches and updates driver. I do understand updating drivers individually from Motherboard website may provide the more accurate set and latest ones, but i could not find drivers for my older PCs. Driver booster not only lets you keep your drivers updated all time, it also has a decent driver database to match all types of hardware. i have stopped individually updating drivers nowadays.

mitraark

Decrepit
DO NOT use these malwares on your device

Sent from my Poco X3 Pro using Tapatalk
I know Driver Booster is basically an adware... it has become worse after getting popular. I try to install the software, update my drivers, and then uninstall it.

I have stopped being paranoid about viruses and malwares, almost all PCs are affected by some sort of snooping apps anyways, the best one can do to stay safe is not fall prey to any phishing or social engg trap.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-880GM-UD2H (Socket M2) has official driver version for Win 7 and no official version for the later win OS's. Going through Gigabyte site will reveal this. So, I would like to know if there are any third party driver for it for Win 10.

Take backup of your important data and try to install latest official build of windows 10. Just give it a try and hopefully, you won't need any drivers to insrtall manually but if the needs arise then some of the windows 7 and even some win vista drivers works fine in compatibility under win 10.

OP
D

diginovice

Broken In
Take backup of your important data and try to install latest official build of windows 10. Just give it a try and hopefully, you won't need any drivers to insrtall manually but if the needs arise then some of the windows 7 and even some win vista drivers works fine in compatibility under win 10.
Thanks will give a try. But, can I make dual boot for Win 7 and Win 10?

Top Bottom